Hi! I currently have a Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330 and it works pretty decent for me. Is there a better Sprint Blackberry model I can perhaps consider upgrading up to? I am profoundly deaf and wear hearing aids with T-coil.
    I love my blackberry!

Any suggestions would be more than welcomed!

Have an awesome day too.

Janet
    05-24-10 09:45 AM
    I honestly don't know the answer to this, so forgive me if this isn't possible, but can you use some kind of Bluetooth earbud? Wouldn't that be a better option (unless you hte BT earbuds).
    05-24-10 09:56 AM
    I believe all current models have similar support for hearing aids so the real differences are likely to be the newer OS and the choice between touchscreen or traditional keyboard. The best advice I can offer is to get down to your local store, explain the problem and test hands-on. That will also give you chance to assess the operation of the phone, and whether it "fits your hands".
    05-24-10 10:09 AM
    the guy that does my taxes has a 9700 and he love it he is also hearing impaired and wear hearing aids however he a has a bluetooth device that integrates with them so anything that come through the phone goes strait into the aids. so i think you should probably look into getting something like that. Then you can get what ever BB you want cause it wont matter
    05-24-10 12:17 PM
    If you look on blackberry.com, it looks like the 8530 Curve is the best choice for sprint (M4/T4 rating):
    BlackBerry - Curve 8530 Specs - View BlackBerry Curve 8530 Specifications

The 9650 (Sprint's Top of the Line) is not as good (M3 rating only):
    BlackBerry - Bold Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry Bold 9650, 9700, 9000

Here is RIM's official document on the subject:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ss_Devices.pdf
    05-24-10 01:18 PM
    Thanks for all the information! Yes, I wear BTE hearing aids for I am classified as profoundly deaf. I will definitely look into the bluetooth devise. M4/T4 is probably the rating I need to stay with for I need all the help I can get. LOL

Again, thank you for your inputs, folks!

Janet
    05-24-10 10:59 PM
    I highly recommend you get a led control program like Berrybuzz for example that will let you control the led so that you can use the colors of the led to notify you of different types of alerts. For example when I get a BBM, it gives me a blue led, and my CB email is orange (like the CB symbol), emerency mail (example from my boss) is a red led, etc

BerryBuzz - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    05-24-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD