Hello
    In our days we are so into having the last phone in the market...
    But sincerely? When you go the pool with your kids and try to forget for a good while about posting everything on the face, insta... And etc etc
    What blackberry will you take with you, to the basics needs? Calls, sms, email?
    Why blackberry... I just don't need that my cellphone to be STOLEN... i think i am Wright... Nobody will steal your Blackberry
    Thank you all
    08-15-18 03:45 PM
    Hello
    But sincerely? When you go the pool with your kids and try to forget for a good while about posting everything on the face, insta... And etc etc
    Why blackberry... I just don't need that my cellphone to be STOLEN... i think i am Wright... Nobody will steal your Blackberry
    Thank you all
    Whatever it is that you're on, can you please send some my way?
    the_boon likes this.
    08-18-18 02:20 PM
    Hello
    Thank you all
    The only Blackberry you could really go INTO the pool with is the Motion lol.

The best Blackberry you can buy right now is the KEY2.

If that one is out of your budget (understandably), then a KEYone Black Edition is the next best option. If that is still too expensive, go for a KEYone Silver.

The KEY2 LE will be announced shortly which should be between a KEYone Black and a KEY2
    08-19-18 06:38 AM
    The only Blackberry you could really go INTO the pool with is the Motion lol.

The best Blackberry you can buy right now is the KEY2.

If that one is out of your budget (understandably), then a KEYone Black Edition is the next best option. If that is still too expensive, go for a KEYone Silver.

The KEY2 LE will be announced shortly which should be between a KEYone Black and a KEY2
    I ment to say : secondary phone
    Not diving or getting wet with the cell phone
    Like when you go on camping or hiking, and you don't want to take your 1k iPhone x or.. The Samsung note 9...
    08-19-18 09:43 AM
    I ment to say : secondary phone
    Not diving or getting wet with the cell phone
    Like when you go on camping or hiking, and you don't want to take your 1k iPhone x or.. The Samsung note 9...
    Again, it depends on the budget..
    08-19-18 10:06 AM
    I frequently solo my compact 9930 when anticipated needs are light. My profession demands 24/7 availability... Voice, sms/mms, email, etc... My "Giants" (K1, D60, PP) typically tag along when browsing needs are anticipated but 9930 never leaves my person. As was my original RIM pager... Lol. Except 99 is also an absolute spreadsheet beast! Lol. Still Onedrive capable, too.

Its swappable battery permits powering exclusively via batt swaps. Haven't plugged in a usb charger in YEARS. Spare JM1 battery is VERY compact in pocket. For long weekends, I fit mine with a 3000mAh battery that safely keeps it powered thru a three day weekend. Those batteries were still available on Amazon, as of a few weeks ago. I even still avail myself of a 5000mAh monster batt but source for those has dried up.

Downside to 99, & other BIS handsets, is BIS EOL scheduled for 1/1/20. Not sure of implications for voice & sms but functionality will be severely affected by loss of BIS. Even before that, loss of 3G itself might sunset the handset. Which means, like OP, I'm seeking a compact but usable, alternative. Slim seeking so far. Lol.
    scufutz likes this.
    08-20-18 05:59 AM
    I frequently solo my compact 9930 when anticipated needs are light. My profession demands 24/7 availability... Voice, sms/mms, email, etc... My "Giants" (K1, D60, PP) typically tag along when browsing needs are anticipated but 9930 never leaves my person. As was my original RIM pager... Lol. Except 99 is also an absolute spreadsheet beast! Lol. Still Onedrive capable, too.

Its swappable battery permits powering exclusively via batt swaps. Haven't plugged in a usb charger in YEARS. Spare JM1 battery is VERY compact in pocket. For long weekends, I fit mine with a 3000mAh battery that safely keeps it powered thru a three day weekend. Those batteries were still available on Amazon, as of a few weeks ago. I even still avail myself of a 5000mAh monster batt but source for those has dried up.

Downside to 99, & other BIS handsets, is BIS EOL scheduled for 1/1/20. Not sure of implications for voice & sms but functionality will be severely affected by loss of BIS. Even before that, loss of 3G itself might sunset the handset. Which means, like OP, I'm seeking a compact but usable, alternative. Slim seeking so far. Lol.
    Sounds like you and your 9930 are like 007 and his PPK lol

As far as compactness goes, it's really a tough era for folks like you, as the trend is going totally the opposite way.

If the KEY2 LE was an inch shorter, that could have been your next best option
    08-20-18 06:38 AM
    Sounds like you and your 9930 are like 007 and his PPK lol

As far as compactness goes, it's really a tough era for folks like you, as the trend is going totally the opposite way.

If the KEY2 LE was an inch shorter, that could have been your next best option
    Haha... Tough to find suitable substitutes for PPK or Agent 99. Lol.
    scufutz likes this.
    08-20-18 07:14 AM