View Poll Results: What carrier do you suggest for bb10 in the USA?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATT

12 25.00%
  • Verizon

18 37.50%
  • other

18 37.50%
    I am currently a Verizon customer with a 9930 (and a slew of android devices). I am going to get a z10 (and q10) when it comes out. I am debating on staying with Verizon or moving to ATT for the bb10. I have not seen a lot of carrier specific questions or posts relating to the z10 yet.

Any input on what would be best and why?

current thought process (i have a 9930 on verizon and a 9810 on ATT currently to try out the service):

Verizon Pros:
    • unlimited data
    • no etf if i stay
    • supposed 4G LTE compatibility with bb10
    • my current grandfathered in texting and voice plan

Verizon Cons:
    • crappy customer service (lately IMHO)
    • expensive plans
    • locked down devices
    • late updates
    • bloatware
    • lack of app compatibility (take spotify on 9930 as example)

Att Pros:
    • cheaper plan
    • GSM compatibility for travel
    • full application catelog works
    • faster OS updates
    • Better battery life

ATT cons:
    • I have heard they have terrible customer service but i have not experianced it to confirm
    • smaller coverage map in the US (though i get hspa+ at my house and work)
    • ETF
    02-22-13 11:06 AM
    I have been with AT&T since 1992. I have always found their customer service to be good and the phone service and network to be excellent. Which will be better with the Z10, who knows since neither Verizon nor ATT has released any information as to release dates nor pricing plans. I will be sticking with AT&T because I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. If AT&T removes that as an option, then I will consider another carrier, but in the meantime, it's AT&T for me.
    02-22-13 01:00 PM
    thank you for your reply and you break down of the reasoning. have you found ATT to be quick with updates to the device?
    02-22-13 01:01 PM
    Tmobile: dirt cheap. I'm on the prepaid 30 bucks a month for unlimited data (5gb at 4g), unlimited texting. The kicker is 100 minutes but I just save my long conversations for home wifi when I can use voip. Its not for everyone but perhaps its worth a look if it saves you dollars.
    nquyen, pkcable and anon(3310921) like this.
    02-22-13 01:04 PM
    Tmobile: dirt cheap. I'm on the prepaid 30 bucks a month for unlimited data (5gb at 4g), unlimited texting. The kicker is 100 minutes but I just save my long conversations for home wifi when I can use voip. Its not for everyone but perhaps its worth a look if it saves you dollars.
    thank you. i was using my 9810 on tmobile for a while (but it only got 2g) and i liked the coverage map. I am just worried that tmobile will not have the coverage map I am looking for. I live in new england and they are not known for good coverage here.
    02-22-13 01:12 PM
    thank you. i was using my 9810 on tmobile for a while (but it only got 2g) and i liked the coverage map. I am just worried that tmobile will not have the coverage map I am looking for. I live in new england and they are not known for good coverage here.
    Yes coverage wasn't the strongest point, as I was up in southern nh and it was only okay. Definitely att and vz was stronger. But also my phone is quite old and might get all tmobiles bands
    02-22-13 05:16 PM
    Toosweetnitemare:
    I also have Verizon with a Bold 9930. I wanted to let you know that crackberry taught me how to install Spotify on my Bold 9930.
    It works great.
    02-22-13 06:06 PM
    I'm with Sprint, and the plus I see with Sprint is; 1. cheap plans with unlimited data. Which is important now that BB10 no longer uses BIS/ data compression. The minus is; Who knows WHEN we'll get BB10 phones and the other is 4g LTE is currently limited on Sprint. Other than that. I've been happy with Sprint (coming from AT&T ), the coverage is good where I live.
    02-22-13 06:35 PM
    I have to do a lot of travelling in Central and South America and AT&T is just easier to take with me has been my experience.

And I would say for the record, I have never had a bad experience with AT&T customer service in fact I think they are great. What is NOT great are the Corporate Stores. Many times I have had to use 611 to fix mistakes made at the stores.

Doesn't Verizon have ETF as well?
    02-22-13 07:00 PM
    I'm with Sprint, and the plus I see with Sprint is; 1. cheap plans with unlimited data. Which is important now that BB10 no longer uses BIS/ data compression. The minus is; Who knows WHEN we'll get BB10 phones and the other is 4g LTE is currently limited on Sprint. Other than that. I've been happy with Sprint (coming from AT&T ), the coverage is good where I live.
    I have been pricing other carriers and I can say for everything you get, including data usage peace of mind, you will not find a better pricing deal than Sprint's Unlimited data plan. My only frustration with Sprint is with their handling of the Z10. Petition Bring the Z10 To Sprint
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-22-13 07:07 PM
    I firmly believe that Verizon is the best carrier to date but AT&T is not to far behind. I just hope they release the new devices sooner than later.
    02-22-13 07:12 PM
    I'd change to AT&T if I got unlimited data.
    02-22-13 08:41 PM
    I....don't understand, how can you compare two carriers and phones, to make an idea for a new phone?

Obviously you use them differently so you will need a different network based on how you want to use it. IF it is for multimedia and data and such then stick with VZ because you have unlimited data.....right, easy as pie
    02-22-13 09:10 PM
    I've been with Verizon for over 20 years. I have found their coverage to be almost excellent everywhere. Their customer service, IMO, is the best in the industry. Five years ago I would have said they are the worst but they have improved by leaps and bounds. I consider VZW a premium company whereas they may cost more but they deliver every time. No complaints from me and I believe they have always supported BB better than any one else. Just my opinion of course.
    02-22-13 09:14 PM
    For att don't forget the ability to talk and use data. I know the market the crap out of it but I still think its a nice advantage.

Also my personal favorite benefit of any carrier is ROLLOVER minutes from att. The minutes you don't use roll to the next month! Of course its irrelevant if you have unlimited minutes
    02-22-13 09:47 PM
    Best carrier for Blackberry in the USA?

None of them.
    bb624 likes this.
    02-22-13 10:05 PM
    I've been with Verizon for over 20 years. I have found their coverage to be almost excellent everywhere. Their customer service, IMO, is the best in the industry. Five years ago I would have said they are the worst but they have improved by leaps and bounds. I consider VZW a premium company whereas they may cost more but they deliver every time. No complaints from me and I believe they have always supported BB better than any one else. Just my opinion of course.
    Verizon hasn't been around that long bud, lol!

Its kind of hard to say right now who is the best since nobody can get the phone through the US carriers yet. I am with AT&T and seriously have no problem with them nor with their customer service. Like what Newcollector said though if I lose my unlimited data I might start looking somewhere else..which will be VZW or tmo not Sprint though.
    02-22-13 10:19 PM
    The only problem with at&t is " can we charge for that". That's their outlook on features in phones. Also we wait a bit for updates to roll out. So I can only imagine what's coming with BB10 with the new BBM features. They will nickel & dime us. CS is grrrreat tho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-22-13 10:37 PM
    If you have unlimited on vz I'd stay with them as long as you are used to them.

If the phone did not have lte capability I'd say go AT&T since AT&T has h+ and its much faster then the traditional 3G.

With it being lte, verizon has a lot more coverage of lte than all 3 other carriers combined.

As far as cs I've heard some horror stories from vz. I've never dealt with them. Everytime I call AT&T I have never ever been frustrated. They have always been excellent.

The z10 will be a world phone so global capability won't be an issue. There will be a sim slot for that.

Other than that its really up to you. I love AT&T and as of today I would never leave. Cs isn't an important thing to me since I barely have to call.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-22-13 10:43 PM
    thank you for the insight. idk if i would go sprint purely because if i had to go cdma, verizon just has better coverage, if i go gsm, im debating tmobile vs att for coverage and feature.

02-23-13 09:54 AM
    I have to do a lot of travelling in Central and South America and AT&T is just easier to take with me has been my experience.

And I would say for the record, I have never had a bad experience with AT&T customer service in fact I think they are great. What is NOT great are the Corporate Stores. Many times I have had to use 611 to fix mistakes made at the stores.

Doesn't Verizon have ETF as well?
    yes att has an etf. att doesnt for me because i brought my own equipment. though im not sure i want to pay the 120/month for att that im currently doing.

02-23-13 09:57 AM
    thank you all for your input so far. you have brought up a lot of good points that i didnt think of. please keep em coming.

02-23-13 10:01 AM
    Verizon hasn't been around that long bud, lol! .
    First of all, that is 'Budette' to you. Secondly, not that a clarification is necessary, I will provide one since I fiercely protect my integrity... I was with AirTouch, Cellular One and one other, each progressively purchased by the other until Verizon was the final buyer. According to Verizon's records, I have been with them for over 20 years....
    Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response; recently we've seen an increased volume in emails causing our responses to be more delayed than usual. I'd like to begin by thanking you for being a valued part of the Verizon Wireless family since 1991.
    . 'lol!'
    02-23-13 12:06 PM
    First of all, that is 'Budette' to you. Secondly, not that a clarification is necessary, I will provide one since I fiercely protect my integrity... I was with AirTouch, Cellular One and one other, each progressively purchased by the other until Verizon was the final buyer. According to Verizon's records, I have been with them for over 20 years....
    Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response; recently we've seen an increased volume in emails causing our responses to be more delayed than usual. I'd like to begin by thanking you for being a valued part of the Verizon Wireless family since 1991.
    . 'lol!'
    They need to update their about page then since its listed as 2000
    02-26-13 05:14 AM
    T-Mobile......
    02-26-13 07:52 AM
36 12