I've only had my Blackberry Tour for a few months & I am on the Sprint network. I had a Blackberry YEARS ago but didn't like it after the 30 day trial period so I traded it in for a Palm Treo and stuck with Treos for several years. I really love my Tour but I am considering leaving Sprint.

If I stick to Berry and don't get hooked on Android...

Which of the many Berries do y'all recommend? And which carrier? If I do switch from Sprint I gotta say I'm gonna miss Sprint TV. I don't think any other carriers have that...
    11-18-09 10:49 PM
    Myself I go for network first and foremost, so I go with Verizon. ATT is good in many areas too. Hot BBs right now are the Bold2 & Storm2, plus a Curve2 is coming soon.
    11-18-09 10:55 PM
    Sprint has the best coverage in this area (and price) but T Mobile has the best customer service. I am looking at Verizon but it is pretty expensive compared to Sprint's unlimited text, data and mobile to mobile.
    11-18-09 11:53 PM
    The Curve 8900 on T-Mobile has been working very well for me so far.
    11-19-09 12:08 AM
    I was on Sprint with a curve 8330 for a little over a year. Recently switched to Verizon Storm 2, primarily because the hospital I work in has Verizon repeaters throughout the hospital and I didn't get Sprint service at all. Very happy with them so far.
    11-19-09 12:11 AM
    Ask your neighbors, co-workers, family/friends who live and work in your area who their carriers are and how their coverage is. You will get more accurate information about coverage and dropped calls from the folks you live and work with. Then you can compare the costs of the plans and the devices that the carriers offer.

The most popular device or cheapest plan won't do you any good if you drop calls. The people you see every day would be able to tell you more about your neighborhood coverage than strangers on a forum who are not in your neighborhood. What is best for us might be worst for you depending on the locations of the towers in your hometown and the city where you work.
    11-19-09 12:32 AM
    I just made the jump from Sprint to Verizon. Sprint's service wasn't all that bad where I work and where I live, but when I go to visit my folks or my friends in NY Verizon is leaps and bounds a head of Sprint and since most of the people I call are also on Verizon I can use a cheaper plan.

Anyway, I had a hard time deciding between the Curve, Tour and Storm2. Each has its pros and cons. Knowing that I had thirty days to return it, ultimately I went with the Storm2 (honestly just because it was the newest and flashiest) and I really am quite happy with it, honestly I think I would have been just as happy with any of the three. I imagine you would too, but I can see why some folks (traditionalists) don't really like the form factor of the Storm2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 10:02 AM
    Best BB is a matter of personal preference

Best carrier is a matter of coverage, price and service after the sale.

For me it is the 8900 and AT&T. For others this will be very differnet.
    11-19-09 11:31 AM
    Verizon!!! You can go Tour if you'd like
    11-19-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD