I need some help picking out new bb.

I farm and this thing sees some abuse. I try to be careful but not every bump can be avoided. My 8330 did just fine until I washed it.

9330 is what Verizon suggested -- with otterbox case would this be good phone?

What benefit does the bold have over the 9330?

My friends have the tour and say its better than curve (but have no reasons, they just say it is better).
    12-16-10 09:29 AM
    I'm not a farmer, but I hunt and fish a lot. I have a 9650 with the Otter Box Defender and it is excellent. Dropped many times, even fell in the water with it on my belt.....quickly took everything apart to dry and it still works fine.

I highly recommend the Otter Box Defender for whatever phone you get.
    12-16-10 11:00 AM
    I don't know if you are a grain or livestock guy but these apply to either really. The tour has a trackball, which like your 8330, will get dirty rather quickly and cause problems where the bold or 9330 wont have that problem.
    The two biggest difference I see between the 9330 and 9650 are the battery and camera.
    Longer talk time for those long hour work days. And if you are at all like me, the better camera the better off you are. Taking pictures of the part you broke to show the parts guy at the dealership, or even a contraption you design for the livestock.
    12-16-10 11:11 AM
    I'm a dairy farmer and I use a curve 8530. I've dropped it on concrete several times and it didn't affect it a bit.

I tried the otterbox defender and didn't like the added bulk. I cary mine in an oem leather case.

I think about all BB have a reputation for being pretty tough.

Personally I avoid touch screen phones. I learned first hand that whatever is on your dirty hands will end up smeared all over the screen. Especially when the only thing available to clean them is your pant legs. Some stuff (oil, chemicals, manure) doesn't wipe off a phone screen so easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 11:15 AM
    get something with the curves's keyboard. my 9700, i hate the keyboard on this. my 8900 was the best, most rugged bb i've owned and i could type on the keyboard with gloves on
    12-16-10 11:22 AM
    The 9330 with an Otterbox would be a good choice. The 9330 is cheap, has a trackpad instead of trackball and I doubt you'd really see the more than $100 difference between it and the Bold. Remember tho that the Otterbox, even when properly applied, is only water resistant, not water-proof. It will stand up to a lot of abuse.
    12-16-10 01:01 PM
    Yeah, if my phone was gonna be taking real abuse I'd get a curve. I wiped out on a longboard once cuz I was texting on my 8330, the thing slid at least 30 feet on the pavement (luckily on the back and not the screen) and was totally fine. (no comments on the stupidity of texting while longboarding please :P).
    My wife has the 9330, and while imo it's not as tough as the 8330 was, it seems like it could take a drop better than the 9650 could.
    12-16-10 01:43 PM
    Thanks for all the infor everyone!

I called Verizon and was able to get a bold for free... So i went that route. I'll get an otterbox and hopefully that will help.

Lesson learned, double check your pockets even when you are sure the phone is out already.
    12-16-10 03:41 PM
    Good deal on the Bold! You won't go wrong with either one. And an Otterbox will most likely extend it's lifetime whilst in your possession.
    12-17-10 07:18 AM
    I think the key is to get the Otterbox!
    12-17-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD