Hi All, im doing Tech Support for BES users.Would like to check with ya'll if the Wireless Reconciliation reconciles from the Blackberry to Exchange server when Outlook is not running.

I have few users who are using Blackberries only & not MS Outlook.They dont use a PC.Therefore when they delete mails on the BB,would it delete on the Exchg server as well?? Coz normally i know that once u run MS Outlook,the server will run the changes.

Tks.All your views are highly appreciated.
    03-30-10 03:26 AM
    I'm not a BES Admin but I'm virtually certain the wireless reconciliation is with Exchange. For example, when I come to the office after a weekend (office PC off), all the changes I've made on the BlackBerry are pushed to the local desktop client when I turn it on. I can watch the changes being replicated in Outlook. Wouldn't this indicate that the changes are being made on the server side first?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 05:41 AM
    Wow - not running Outlook? don't know about that.
    Normally the user would have to select to delete both on mailbox and handset as the option. Then "Purge" deleted items. I do a Reconcile Now every now and then while I'm on the road, but it's probably unnecessary.
    03-30-10 06:06 AM
    No I don't think that they will be delete off the server from just deleting from your device. I haven't experienced someone not using a PC either so I might not be correct.
    03-30-10 06:16 AM
    I don't think they can, unless perhaps if they select If Conflict Handset Wins?
    But I've never heard of no PC.
    Even when you purge they go to your Deleted folders and you have to delete from there. I always use my internal, still within the firewall web Outlook address while on the road to clean them up - they always go to the Deleted file. With extended travels, it could really clog up your Outlook to where you can't send or receive mail at all.
    03-30-10 12:23 PM
    I'll second Beachy.

My users are routinely on the road quite a bit and may only log into a computer once a week. Email is reconciled regardless via BlackBerry and if your policy permits it, you can set reconciliation from the handheld (or, of course from the BES). Outlook is simply a front-end for PC use. Those same users could use OWA to see the contents of their inbox and if BES is working right, it should be identical to what they see on the handheld.
    05-04-10 03:22 PM
    Wow - not running Outlook? don't know about that.
    Normally the user would have to select to delete both on mailbox and handset as the option. Then "Purge" deleted items. I do a Reconcile Now every now and then while I'm on the road, but it's probably unnecessary.
    A Reconcile happens a few seconds (5) after you change the state of the email (open or delete it) or immediately if you close out of the mailbox folder you're viewing after the change. Watch the data arrows and you'll notice this.

Just FYI.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 11:39 PM
    I am on BES and our email in on Exchange. If I delete from my Bold without Outlook running it deletes it from the Exchange server and will not show up in my Outlook when I open it up (or even while it is open). Even while at work in my office I clean up my Outlook by deleting and filing into folders from my Blackberry.
    05-05-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD