Hello,

My blackberry is part of a bes server. I am part of the it department in my company and cant seem to figure out why on some emails that come through, the email address is not displayed. It seems to display a string of numbers (maybe the email id string???).

Why is this happening and is there a way to make it display the email address of who the email is from as opposed to 0123343249832134432 etc?

Note that when I go on those numbers and click show address, the correct address shows up....

Thanks.
    02-04-11 09:16 AM
    The email address is not displayed by default, the name of the sender is. Is it possible that either that's the name they attach to their emails, or that that's the name you have them saved as in your contact list?
    02-04-11 09:53 AM
    Definitely could be as the user who uses this blackberry just notified me that she has duplicate contacts in her BB and maybe there is an issue with the contact. Will report back after looking.
    02-04-11 09:55 AM
    Ok just checked this users blackberry and she has no contacts stored anywhere on the blackberry at this time.

When the message comes into the blackberry, it shows up as a string of numbers and letters, but in outlook, it shows up as the email display name.

Any ideas?
    02-04-11 02:15 PM
    Anyone have any solutions for this?
    02-07-11 12:42 PM
    Just a little more info I found out in case any else has ideas.

Firstly, dont know if I mentioned but this blackberry is part of a BES.

What I noticed happens is that if the user is in their normal office on outlook, this issues of displaying numbers doesnt happen.

But as soon as they go to a satellite office and open their outlook on the computer over there and start sending messages from it, the sync that takes place on the bb begins to display the email addresses as numbers.

See photo for details.
    02-17-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD