My fiance has a blackberry that she owns and she pays the monthly service. She works for a large medical company who has a BES, they have restricted her websites and also put a password lock on the phone.

Is there any way around this? I think it is a bunch of crap that she pays the monthly bill and her company restricts her web surfing.
    07-24-10 09:27 PM
    If the company wants her on the BES they should buy her a Blackberry and pay for her monthly service. Period.

My company pays mine but the Blackberry is mine because they only pay my data and not my phone. I am just lucky that they don't restrict anything and I am good friends with our BES admin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 09:49 PM
    I guess it would depend on the agreement she has with her company. If a condition of her employment is that she must obtain a BlackBerry, pay for the service, and put it on the company's BES, the what else can she do but comply? Quit? But such a requirement does seem ridiculous. I'd probably quit.
    07-24-10 09:54 PM
    Thas plain silly. If she pays the bills, she should be on her BIS plan. They want her restricted, as my bro sdmc said, they need to provide the phone and pony up for the bill.
    07-24-10 09:56 PM
    Why is she allowing that kind of treatment. I think she should send the bill for the bb and the service to her boss. If he doesn't want to pay, have the service terminated. What are they going to do, fire her for not spending her money? But Tonis has a good point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 10:50 PM
    If she needs the BB as a condition of her job, they should pay for it.

If she's on the BES because she wants the convenience, though. Their network, their rules.

There is a reason most companies won't put a personal device on BES.
    07-25-10 07:55 AM
    This is one reason why you should never put your personal device on your employer's BES.
    07-25-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD