Right now I'm in Switzerland, and the problem is that I forgot the device password to my US blackberry, which is on a BES. The signal strength right now says SOS, and my IT support desk in the US tells me that this means they can't reset the password for me. Im not sure why I don't get any service here, as I was under the impression that my Storm2 was a global phone, but it is what it is.

Is there any way to reset the password without service, or am I doomed to a 9 hour flight tomorrow without my music... all of which is on my BB??
    03-29-12 05:48 AM
    There is no way because blackberry doesn't have any flaws in their password system

I do recommend that if your music is on your media card, take it out and put it onto your other phone if you have one. Then you won't be "doomed" on a nine hour flight.

Hope that helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-29-12 06:57 AM
    Your device password is not at all related to being on BES. If you forget your device password your BES admin cannot reset it for you. You will have ten attempts to get it right and then your phone will be wiped.
    03-29-12 07:00 AM
    Your device password is not at all related to being on BES. If you forget your device password your BES admin cannot reset it for you. You will have ten attempts to get it right and then your phone will be wiped.
    That is incorrect. BES admins (myself) have the ability to reset blackberry unlock passwords from the BAS.

BUT if you're in SOS mode then that means you aren't connected to your BES currently so a pw reset wouldn't help you as it can't reach your device.

Try a battery pull and maybe it will pick up a signal. Did you make sure you had international BES data package on your phone before you went over?

Also if you enter your pw wrong 10 times it will wipe the device and prompt you to create a new password

Edit: You also probably don't have a signal because you have to turn your phone from global mode to GSM and manually scan for networks but you can't do that if you don't know your pw...
    Last edited by manofice; 03-29-12 at 07:21 AM.
    03-29-12 07:18 AM
    I figured that I was just plain out of luck. I don't have an international plan or anything cause I haven't used the phone over here. Ive had a swiss BB, but I have to give it back before I go. Its just annoying because if something happens with my ride back from the airport tomorrow, I won't be able to call anyone to coordinate, not to mention I might die of boredom on the way there.
    03-29-12 07:26 AM
    I figured that I was just plain out of luck. I don't have an international plan or anything cause I haven't used the phone over here. Ive had a swiss BB, but I have to give it back before I go. Its just annoying because if something happens with my ride back from the airport tomorrow, I won't be able to call anyone to coordinate, not to mention I might die of boredom on the way there.

Ahemmmm....

My suggestion? ^^^

Don't worry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-29-12 07:28 AM
    Sorry for wrong information.

I don't remember that option on our BES server when we kicked it to the curb a year ago.
    03-29-12 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD