I did a search and couldn't find anything (but honestly I didn't search that hard).

I recently upgraded my OS and had to reactivate my Pearl on the BES at work. Everything seems to be working fine, except when I receive a BES e-mail it says it is "Received Using: Unknown" (should say "Desktop") and I can't reply to the e-mail. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    01-01-08 08:14 PM
    You may need to reactivate on the BES. Sounds like something is messed up with the service books. Do you have a list of "Desktop" service books in Options >Advanced Options >Service Book?
    01-01-08 08:20 PM
    How did I know you would be the first response John? Thanks.

And actually I do have a list of desktop service books. I had my service books resent just a little bit ago - should I wait and try later and, if its not fixed, reactivate tomorrow?
    01-01-08 08:25 PM
    Do you have service books that contain 'Desktop' in them?
    01-01-08 08:28 PM
    Do you have service books that contain 'Desktop' in them?
    I do. 8 to be exact.

I should add that my arrived email also says "(Secure)". Don't know if that helps any but I thought I would add it.
    01-01-08 08:31 PM
    You're able to send email ok?

You could try regenerating your encryption key. Click on Options -> Security Options -> General Settings. Scroll to the VERY bottom of the screen, press the Menu button and click 'regenerate encryption key'.

See if that helps....
    01-01-08 08:34 PM
    You're able to send email ok?

You could try regenerating your encryption key. Click on Options -> Security Options -> General Settings. Scroll to the VERY bottom of the screen, press the Menu button and click 'regenerate encryption key'.

See if that helps....
    I did and it regenerated but doesn't seem to help. Oh well, thanks for the help.

Oh and I seem to be able to send mail ok . but it says sent from "unknown" - I am testing it now - I just can't reply to an e-mail directly - that's the biggest downside that I've found so far.
    01-01-08 08:38 PM
    Are these emails sent to your BES account or your BIS account?

If you have BIS setup (along with BES), log into your BIS account and resend your service books.
    01-01-08 08:40 PM
    Maybe I spoke too fast - I just sent an email to one of my other accounts and it doesn't seem to be going through. Dang.
    01-01-08 08:41 PM
    Are these emails sent to your BES account or your BIS account?

If you have BIS setup (along with BES), log into your BIS account and resend your service books.
    To my BES account. I resent my service books from my BIS account about 30 minutes ago and the validating e-mails came to my BIS email accounts right away. Should I resend or wait?

By the way, I really appreciate the help.
    01-01-08 08:44 PM
    It sounds like you've done everything that needs to be done. Just to confirm, did you have your BES Admin resend your service books, too?

If so, and it's still showing that message, then I think you'd need to redo the Enterprise Activation....
    01-01-08 08:47 PM
    It sounds like you've done everything that needs to be done. Just to confirm, did you have your BES Admin resend your service books, too?

If so, and it's still showing that message, then I think you'd need to redo the Enterprise Activation....
    Ah, I'm not sure that my BES Administrator resent my service books. He may have but I really don't know. I will see if he did tomorrow and if not, I will have him do so. If he did, I'll redo the Enterprise Activation.

Thank you so much for the help. I think I'll survive until morning. At least I get my BES e-mail. lol
    01-01-08 08:50 PM
    You're very welcome

Please post back to let us know if you get everything working again (and what fixed it), you'll be helping others
    01-01-08 08:54 PM
    You're very welcome

Please post back to let us know if you get everything working again (and what fixed it), you'll be helping others

I will. And thanks again.
    01-01-08 08:58 PM
    Some additional information - I get to work and check my BES account on my computer and it appears that my e-mails have been going out. I am still receiving e-mail on my BES account that is designated as received at "unknown". I'm confused. lol

Going to try reactivating and resending the BES administrative service books and see what happens.
    01-02-08 07:12 AM
    I would do a Wipe Handheld and reactivate on the BES.
    01-02-08 07:33 AM
    That's what we are going to do Sam. Nothing else short of that (resending BES service books, etc.) worked.

I'm real popular with our IT guy right now. :-/
    01-02-08 09:13 AM
    Damn. No change. I just have to believe this would be an easy fix.

Anybody think I should go back to my prior OS?
    01-02-08 01:49 PM
    Call AT&T Support
    01-02-08 01:57 PM
    We spent a lot of time with them and also talking with RIM - no such luck.

I get cranky when my BB doesn't work right. lol
    01-02-08 02:26 PM
    I'm sure by next week RIM will come out with a KB Doc for it, lol.
    01-02-08 02:29 PM
    lol probably. Its weird, only on my BES account, I can hit reply, type a message, but I don't have a "send" option. And all mail still comes as "received: unknown".

I'm trying AT&T support again - who knows. Worst thing that can happen is they fire me like Sprint did those people. lol
    01-02-08 02:32 PM
    Looks like I'm not alone.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ply-email.html

I'm going to try this tomorrow with my IT guy. If I can get him to talk to me. Anyone know where I can order a nice fruit basket?
    01-02-08 07:02 PM
    This means your BES activation did not happen correctly (however it may have said successfully activated)

Or if you had restored contents back to your device after doing the BES activation, this might have also caused it. Best thing to do will be 1. Backup contents 2. Wipe Handheld 3. restore 4. BES activation
    Order is important.
    01-02-08 09:12 PM
    Thanks Eyemabug. I've done 1-3 and waiting for the codes to reactivate on the BES. Keep your fingers crossed that I've got it this time.
    01-03-08 06:40 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD