Long story short: A few months ago I asked my IT to add my personal Blackberry 9900 to the company's BES so I could get my corporate email. In order to do this I had to ask my carrier to change my plan from BIS to BES and they did it at no cost (lucky me...). Time past and now I might be getting a corporate BB and therefore there's no need for me to have my own BB in the BES. So I called IT and requested to be taken off to which they responded very quickly and after a security wipe I was good to go.

The question now is should I call my carrier again to move me back to the BIS plan. I understand there are some apps like the BB Traffic that don't work on BES, but besides that I don't see any difference. Does it make any difference?
    Is anything running in the background should I be concerned of?
    Thanks!

(Mods: pls feel free to move this post to the corresponding folder if doesn't belong here in General)
    07-30-12 04:02 PM
    You will save money by switching back to BIS data plan, at least with most wireless carriers in North America.
    07-30-12 09:59 PM
    You will save money by switching back to BIS data plan, at least with most wireless carriers in North America.
    But he did say they didn't charge him.
    07-30-12 10:11 PM
    Yup. They moved me to BES for no extra charge. They usually charge an extra $10/month to be on BES, but or they changed their prices or the service rep. felt generous that day (he actually told me the move was for free). I still pay the same as when I was on BIS.

So that's why I was wondering if it was worth moving back to BIS if there is no difference in service from an end user perspective....
    07-31-12 05:44 AM
    But he did say they didn't charge him.
    The OP said the wireless carrier did not charge him/her to switch data plans from BIS to BES.
    07-31-12 06:44 AM
    Yup. They moved me to BES for no extra charge. They usually charge an extra $10/month to be on BES, but or they changed their prices or the service rep. felt generous that day (he actually told me the move was for free). I still pay the same as when I was on BIS.

So that's why I was wondering if it was worth moving back to BIS if there is no difference in service from an end user perspective....
    There might have been a special pricing plan at the time of the switch or the wireless carrier representative was able to override default plan pricing. What data cap was on your BIS account at the time of transfer to BES and what BES data cap did you move to? Normally, BES costs CAD10.00 per month above the BIS cost. In any event, you should remain on BES data plan without activating on the corporate BES in case at some future time you want/need to activate your smartphone on a BES.
    07-31-12 06:49 AM
    BB Traffic works fine on BES, at least for me. The only thing that I can't use is BB Protect. On AT&T in the U.S., a BES plan costs $15 more per month over BIS.
    07-31-12 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD