my son got ahold of my blackberry and was looking at some adult sites on the browser. I was wondering if that will send an alert to my work admin or if it will be seen by him. Just wondering if I should go try to explain or just leave it be because they will probably never find out. Kinda stuck on this one.
    08-14-11 11:27 PM
    IMO, Don't worry about it. Viewing websites on the Berry will not send an "alert". They run through BIS, not the enterprise server. Delete the history and move on...
    08-15-11 12:39 AM
    BES Admins can see just about anything they choose to log, including browser bookmarks and browser site history. This does not go through BIS, but I am not aware of an alert that can be set in BES that would be triggered by what you describe.

Having said that, the chance that the Admin is actually logging all this stuff and then painstakingly inspecting the contents is probably not high.

Here is a link that describes some BES characteristics. There are many more - Google is your friend :-)

http://everythingberry.com/forum/threads/what-can-a-bes-administrator-%E2%80%9Csee%E2%80%9D-on-my-bb.2041/

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-15-11 07:29 AM
    I just like to add to jbeachy excellent reply. The BES admin has approx 450 IT policy setting they can use. jbeachy is correct they can log browser activity.

Depending on the size of your company I doubt that the BES Admin has time to view all the logs or even wants to.

If it makes you feel more comfortable explain to your BES Admn what happened. Personally, I don't see any additional need to bring it up, I doubt they are paying attention to that activity.
    08-15-11 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD