I apologize in advance for creating a new thread for such an amateur question, but I have a question that just can't get the exact answer on. I am a business owner and buying separate software and everything else that is required for operating a full stream BES server just doesn't make sense. Especially since I and 2 others would be the only ones using it's services. I'm very, very, very interested in syncing wirelessly my calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. with Outlook. I'm a former iPhone/Mac user who recently switched back to Blackberry and PC. While with iPhone, I utilized the MobileMe cloud that would wirelessly sync my iPhone with my laptop. I've seen crazy 3rd party apps that seem to allow you, but the process seems very daunting and like you're jumping through 10 hoops to try and wirelessly sync these items. Plugging my phone in a couple times of day isn't a back breaker, but not having to do that would be absolutely great. I've heard crazy rumors that you could possible buy a BES subscription from your wireless carrier? Is this true for AT&T? Are their companies that create BES subsriptions for those who don't work in a large corporation that have their own BES? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    03-30-09 09:46 PM
    Have you looked into BlackBerry Unite! ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:48 PM
    Google search hosted BES. I think one is mailstreet. Of course its not free but its way cheaper than the other route. Its around 25-30 a month per device.

03-30-09 10:33 PM
    If you get an IT company that knows how to do the install it is easy. It takes me about 2 hours

03-30-09 10:58 PM
    Google search hosted BES. I think one is mailstreet. Of course its not free but its way cheaper than the other route. Its around 25-30 a month per device.

+1 on hosted BES.

I use TheMessageCenter. Absolutely love it - my BB experience would not be the same without it. Flawlessly / instantly syncs and pushes email, calendar, contacts, sent messages, etc. Coordinates with Entourage (Mac) or Outlook, online Outlook, and BB. I pay $18/month.

Others reviewed on BBGeeks.com - mid page, on right.
    03-30-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD