So I gave the droid a one week run( it's on the way back as we speak ) Let me say for some folks it will be a fantastic experience but it just didn't get it done for me.
    My biggest issue was pop3 e-mail set up , a complete pain in the **** and slooow. If your a gmail user and that's your main email then you have no issues on droid.
    My work pop3 account took about 2 hours to get set up correctly which too me is crazy.
    Call quality on the Moto Droid was just ok compared to my storm but nothing to write home about. One big issue was inside my office where my BB ALWAYS got calls but the Moto droid would only get them 3/4 of the time .
    Both the browser and Apps on Droid are top notch and do blow BB out of the water....RIM needs to push OS6 out the door yesterday !
    Overall for me BB is just a better tool for my everyday use.
    05-29-10 08:45 AM
    Actually you can just use gmail to pull mail from pop3 accounts. It isn't push but is reasonably fast and keeps your email in the same inbox. You don't have to set up anything else on your phone.

Obviously people need to do what they feel most comfortable with, but I can't imagine going back to a Storm. A Storm 2 maybe, but I think a lot of people tend to stick with what is comfortable to them. I've had the Incredible for a few weeks, and I'm to the point where I don't think "this is better/worse than my BB," I just use the phone.
    05-29-10 09:00 AM
    I am with srvcb - if POP is your only choice I would definitely second his recommendation to use gmail as the middle man. POP is shows its age when you have multiple clients checking your mail. Since I primarily use my phone for messaging and web browsing the apps dont matter much to me - but I would LOVE a better web browsing experience on the BB. In my mind that should be priority one for BB right now. Start with the browser and then worry about all the other features that smartphone users have come to love on other platforms.
    05-29-10 09:30 AM
    I am with srvcb - if POP is your only choice I would definitely second his recommendation to use gmail as the middle man. POP is shows its age when you have multiple clients checking your mail. Since I primarily use my phone for messaging and web browsing the apps dont matter much to me - but I would LOVE a better web browsing experience on the BB. In my mind that should be priority one for BB right now. Start with the browser and then worry about all the other features that smartphone users have come to love on other platforms.
    Tried the gmail bit it was still a pain. The browser is really not my top priority as I have a lap top and a desk computer so other then a glance here or there it just is not my top priority.
    I really sincerely think it's what each person needs....not a thing wrong with droid it wasn't what I needed on a daily basis.
    To each his own !
    05-29-10 10:11 AM
    BB is outdated. stop making excuses for how sorry BB is. Forget this fan boy loyality. Iphone and Google are running things right now. If BB keeps this slow innovation process because there in the lead. There going to end up like Palm.. They areleady lost me as a customer, say hi to the EVO 4G.. RIP Tour, I wont miss you..
    05-29-10 10:31 AM
    BB is outdated. stop making excuses for how sorry BB is. Forget this fan boy loyality. Iphone and Google are running things right now. If BB keeps this slow innovation process because there in the lead. There going to end up like Palm.. They areleady lost me as a customer, say hi to the EVO 4G.. RIP Tour, I wont miss you..
    First a fanboy as you say wouldn't have tried it to begin with, Second what part of "to each his own " don't you get?
    Frankly the only fanboy comment was your droid post.
    05-29-10 11:00 AM
    First a fanboy as you say wouldn't have tried it to begin with, Second what part of "to each his own " don't you get?
    Frankly the only fanboy comment was your droid post.
    I agree with you. I tried an Iphone out, and a Incredible, I liked the Iphone a little more then the Incredible, but when things come down to work, NOTHING beats a Blackberry. I would not have it any other way. Androids and Iphones are for Multimedia, and Blackberrys are for work that gets the job done fast and easily. At the end of the day, nothing beats a Blackberry
    05-29-10 11:05 AM
    BB isn't outdated but like anything else, it could use improvement. The one thing that I think needs a fix on BB is the browser. Everything else is fine.
    05-29-10 11:08 AM
    Blackberry is outdated. All it has is "PUSH" to fall back on. They made the same phone with no innovation for the last 3-4 years. just adding simple things like a track pad and making the UI look a little better. My BB tour a 2009 phone that doesn't even come with wifi.. Sorry if this is getting personal to all you fanboys.. But BB is "Outdated" and this is from a former iphone user and a future Evo 4g user and a current BB Tour victim.
    05-29-10 11:51 AM
    Blackberry is outdated. All it has is "PUSH" to fall back on. They made the same phone with no innovation for the last 3-4 years. just adding simple things like a track pad and making the UI look a little better. My BB tour a 2009 phone that doesn't even come with wifi.. Sorry if this is getting personal to all you fanboys.. But BB is "Outdated" and this is from a former iphone user and a future Evo 4g user and a current BB Tour victim.
    I understand your emotion, but you are projecting your own preferences as everyone else's. I love the UI of the BlackBerry OS 5. I love the apps too. I think I use the apps for my BlackBerry Tour more than I did when I had my iPhone or Hero. The other devices like Android and iPhone are great devices. And it is understandable that you will see a surge in their popularity. But they are relativley new devices and platforms compared to BB. For those of us who like physical keyboards, great messaging options, a familiar OS, great battery life, and quality apps, we will appreciate BlackBerry smartphones. We aren't settling because its what we want. Not everyone is in to heavy web browsing or touchscreens. For some of us, BlackBerry devices are perfect. People should respect that. But if they don't, no worries. I still have a great device that I can depend on to meet all of my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 01:04 PM
    You're still the only fanboy.
    05-29-10 01:18 PM
    Was gonna say something but why waste my time....
    Last edited by mikec8801; 05-29-10 at 01:29 PM. Reason: mispelled
    05-29-10 01:28 PM
    I'm glad to see the android/iphone hype is fizzling out a bit. I wouldn't want either of those duds (even if I was in junior high). Messaging is of the utmost importance to me, and for that I have the ultimate in performance and reliability: BlackBerry's push messaging. (Battery life's a bonus, too; I can't see myself settling for less than the battery life I've become accustomed to with my BlackBerry.) And I wouldn't want to count on "Google" as the conduit for my emails.

05-29-10 02:32 PM
    I thought about setting up my google for all 7 email accounts I use but the problem is responding to those emails. I like being able to separate all my businesses dealings without crossing the line. Maintaining a unique business ID is important when responding to different clients via email, using google email cheapens your business outlook. I do use google for personal use.
    05-29-10 02:44 PM
    I'm glad to see the android/iphone hype is fizzling out a bit. I wouldn't want either of those duds (even if I was in junior high). Messaging is of the utmost importance to me, and for that I have the ultimate in performance and reliability: BlackBerry's push messaging. (Battery life's a bonus, too; I can't see myself settling for less than the battery life I've become accustomed to with my BlackBerry.) And I wouldn't want to count on "Google" as the conduit for my emails.

Fizzling out? Really?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/ra...-early-475719/
    05-29-10 03:22 PM
    I actually see buzz about Android and even Apple on the rise. And it's just going to spread more...

05-29-10 05:27 PM
    I go to pcworld mobile version website every day. All of the phone news Is about android and iphone. I rarely see blackberry. And this is a pc magazine... I thought it wouldn't be so partial to mac products such as iphone and ipod. So hype fizzing out? Mmmm, I don't think so.

05-29-10 05:57 PM
    I just read on another forum that radio shack has 400,000 Sprint EVO phones 200,000 are for pre-orders SOLD OUT and 200,000 are for general stock first come first serve. I do not know if that statement is a fact. Each store general stock is based on there pre-sales.
    05-29-10 06:06 PM
    I recently went from Bold 9700 to the Nexus One. (I'm still holding on to my 9700, however.) The N1 is a breath of fresh air. It is bright and vibrant, and a lot of fun. The opportunities are endless with it. I'm no longer locked into a two year contract. Do I look over at my Bold with regret? Yes. Nothing beats the battery life on that phone!!! I'm lucky if I get to 5 o'clock on the N1. And I miss that blinking led, although the Nexus has a trackball that lights up when calls/messages/gmail comes in, which is cool.
    Part of my problem with the Bold 9700 is the size, it's just too small. Am I looking forward to the release of the 9800? Yes!!! I will be interested to see how OS 6 improves the browsing, and would hope that the screen will be the size of the Storm's. At that point I may well go back to BlackBerry. Or maybe I'll use both. Hmmm....
    05-29-10 06:40 PM
    I recently went from Bold 9700 to the Nexus One. (I'm still holding on to my 9700, however.) The N1 is a breath of fresh air. It is bright and vibrant, and a lot of fun. The opportunities are endless with it. I'm no longer locked into a two year contract. Do I look over at my Bold with regret? Yes. Nothing beats the battery life on that phone!!! I'm lucky if I get to 5 o'clock on the N1. And I miss that blinking led, although the Nexus has a trackball that lights up when calls/messages/gmail comes in, which is cool.
    Part of my problem with the Bold 9700 is the size, it's just too small. Am I looking forward to the release of the 9800? Yes!!! I will be interested to see how OS 6 improves the browsing, and would hope that the screen will be the size of the Storm's. At that point I may well go back to BlackBerry. Or maybe I'll use both. Hmmm....
    I'm with you on the 9800. I think it is going to be great. Actually, I'm more excited about the form factor than OS 6. I think that OS 6 is going to be great, but I'm a big fan of OS 5, so there isn't a lot of anticipation for me there.

05-29-10 08:52 PM
    I'm with you on the 9800. I think it is going to be great. Actually, I'm more excited about the form factor than OS 6. I think that OS 6 is going to be great, but I'm a big fan of OS 5, so there isn't a lot of anticipation for me there.

So what really excites you about OS6? Comparing to iPhone OS 4 and Android 2.2 -- what is *really* in OS6? Refined UI? More support for touch? I really want RIM to catch up in this race, but from what I saw/heard -- the only thing which deserves interest is WebKit browser (which is not like it is a new thing, if you compare what other smartphones have).
    05-30-10 01:23 AM
    BB isn't outdated but like anything else, it could use improvement. The one thing that I think needs a fix on BB is the browser. Everything else is fine.
    I so agree! However, it seems RIM has delayed this almost two years past everyone else. Android went from nothing to where it is in about that time frame. RIM is going to have to step it up and innovate.

BBM was a very useful feature a couple of years back, but with unlimited texting on most plans, it is kind of redundant. The messaging is top notch, but to really get the extra features and benefits of a smart phone, the key is the applications. Android apps are becoming more refined and plentiful every day. Apps seem to be another area that needs improvement. In my experience Blackberry apps cost more than their Android equivalent. And Android apps seem to be more innovative.
    Last edited by Exiled Bulldawg; 05-30-10 at 03:45 PM.
    05-30-10 01:56 PM
    In my experience Blackberry apps cost more than their Android equivalent. And Android apps seem to be more innovative.
    Blackberry:
    Documents To Go Premium Edition - $49.99

Android:
    Documents To Go Premium Edition - $14.99
    05-30-10 06:09 PM
    That is one of the apps that I bought for my Curve... and yep... that's a good deal more than the BBerry equivalent. And I couldn't download some attachments because, according to RIM, the data files were too big!
    05-30-10 09:44 PM
    i understand your emotion, but you are projecting your own preferences as everyone else's. I love the ui of the blackberry os 5. I love the apps too. I think i use the apps for my blackberry tour more than i did when i had my iphone or hero. The other devices like android and iphone are great devices. And it is understandable that you will see a surge in their popularity. But they are relativley new devices and platforms compared to bb. For those of us who like physical keyboards, great messaging options, a familiar os, great battery life, and quality apps, we will appreciate blackberry smartphones. We aren't settling because its what we want. Not everyone is in to heavy web browsing or touchscreens. For some of us, blackberry devices are perfect. People should respect that. But if they don't, no worries. I still have a great device that i can depend on to meet all of my needs.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    well said!
    05-30-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD