GREAT read! I completely agree with everything you said. Love my blackberry!
    06-06-10 02:44 PM
    HTC Evo 4G still crushes any BB to date overall and there's nothing RIM can do about it. It's time for RIM to step they're game up and get with the program!
    06-06-10 03:32 PM
    This was a great Read! Im do for an upgrade as we speak and I was going to go get the EVO this wednesday but after reading the reviews from yall.....I might stick wit my 9630 or maybe get the 9650 (Bold) instead. I walk around wit my BB in my hand or in my pocket and it will be pretty hard to walk around wit the EVO in my hand or pocket allday.

I love my BB too much lol. Very had to detach myself from it.
    Just think how big your biceps would get though! LOL.
    06-06-10 03:49 PM
    HTC Evo 4G still crushes any BB to date overall and there's nothing RIM can do about it. It's time for RIM to step they're game up and get with the program!
    Have you spoken directly with RIM because I'm sure they're awaiting your call?
    06-06-10 03:50 PM
    Have you spoken directly with RIM because I'm sure they're awaiting your call?
    Here you go... Head Office
    Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8

tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884
    06-06-10 04:27 PM
    LOL @ the person with tons of phones in her drawer :-) Usually me too, but lately I've been throwing them on Craigslist, so now I'm down to 2 active devices and 2 that occasionally get a sim thrown in for kicks. :O
    Currently using a 9700 and the Nexus One.
    Now, the NI is a great device, don't get me wrong. It's a thing of beauty physically and my the colors on that screen!!!! I've played around with the live wallpapers (all very fun), and I've rearranged icons on the homescreens until the cows come home. What I'm left with is a very expensive device which, at the end of the day, doesn't really do much more than my BB does. (I did pick up an extended battery for it, which is imperative because the battery it comes with is insufficient, as are so many batteries out there.)
    Is my 9700 exciting? No! But I can see the screen outside, and I can rely on it to work everyday without fail with a battery that lasts two days. And by the way, Viigo really rocks for up-to-the minute news.
    It's like my BB is my daily drive and the NI is the ferrari in the garage that I take out every so often for something colorful, fun, and different.
    06-06-10 04:39 PM
    LOL @ the person with tons of phones in her drawer :-) Usually me too, but lately I've been throwing them on Craigslist, so now I'm down to 2 active devices and 2 that occasionally get a sim thrown in for kicks. :O
    Currently using a 9700 and the Nexus One.
    Now, the NI is a great device, don't get me wrong. It's a thing of beauty physically and my the colors on that screen!!!! I've played around with the live wallpapers (all very fun), and I've rearranged icons on the homescreens until the cows come home. What I'm left with is a very expensive device which, at the end of the day, doesn't really do much more than my BB does. (I did pick up an extended battery for it, which is imperative because the battery it comes with is insufficient, as are so many batteries out there.)
    Is my 9700 exciting? No! But I can see the screen outside, and I can rely on it to work everyday without fail with a battery that lasts two days. And by the way, Viigo really rocks for up-to-the minute news.
    It's like my BB is my daily drive and the NI is the ferrari in the garage that I take out every so often for something colorful, fun, and different.
    I lol'd at that too. I seriously have so many phones in my drawer although I recently gave a few away. I pulled out my old Storm 1 yesterday and was playing with it and had the sudden urge to activate it with Verizon (i'm month to month with Sprint) before I though o hellllllls nooo. But yeah to sum it up the Berry is a great daily driver.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 04:51 PM
    Great Review. I enjoyed reading it.

I use my BlackBerry daily. There are times when I feel that my BlackBerry is boring, and that another device will take away that feeling of feeling bored at times. I'm sure after learning all of the ins and outs of the new device, it too will get boring at some point. I'm envious of the web browser that the iPhone and Android phones offer over BlackBerry devices. My BlackBerry browser is lacking, yet I seem to visit the same sites most of the times. Most of those sites have very good mobile versions. For the times I need to visit an html site, I use Opera Mini or Bolt. As the OP mentioned, I too have about 10 apps that serve my purpose. Other phones offer 50,000 apps or more, yet I will probably have around 10-20 at best. I mostly use my phone for Email, text, BBM, and social networking such as Facebook and Twitter.
    I see where several have mentioned the Viigo app. Perhaps I should give it a try. I used to have it on my device when it first came out. That was about a year ago. It had major memory leak issues at the time. Perhaps by now, they've fixed those issues.
    06-06-10 09:39 PM
    I see where several have mentioned the Viigo app. Perhaps I should give it a try. I used to have it on my device when it first came out. That was about a year ago. It had major memory leak issues at the time. Perhaps by now, they've fixed those issues.
    they also offer a Viigo RSS, or basically a slimmed down version that doe not have all of that channel crap. I have it on my Storm1 and I like it.
    06-07-10 12:27 AM
    they also offer a Viigo RSS, or basically a slimmed down version that doe not have all of that channel crap. I have it on my Storm1 and I like it.
    I've downloaded Viigo. I have to admit, it's a lot better and faster than when it originally came out. I can now quickly read news from some of my favorite sites without having to use the browser. Nice. Seems to be a BlackBerry exclusive. Great for BlackBerry. Do Android devices have RSS applications such as this in their market?

06-07-10 08:20 AM
    I checked out the EVO this weekend and its HUGE! There is no way I could carry that phone around. I couldn't imagine the bulk added once you put a protective case on it.
    06-07-10 09:51 AM
    I throw my Blackberry around all the time. It�s a tank (8530 currently). It gets scratched up and I don�t really care. I can bring it out to a bar or when I fish and not worry. That�s what I need in a phone.
    Well if that's how you treat your phone then you might as well get a Razr as they're a lot smaller and durable than BBs.

Besides, you could always invest in a case. I've seen videos of people with Otterbox cases dropping their Droids like nothing. They're pretty durable.
    06-07-10 11:52 AM
    Well if that's how you treat your phone then you might as well get a Razr as they're a lot smaller and durable than BBs.
    BULL****.
    my mom's old razr turned off if you snapped it close too hard.
    06-07-10 11:57 AM
    Fantastic review! Loved the "Honda" reference for the BB lol.
    06-07-10 11:02 PM
    Awesome review OP...I am in the same boat as my 9700 does what it needs too...have maybe 15 apps and use 6 of them daily and basically FB, BBM, text and browse the web and occasionally use the phone, which works really well to boot.

The EVO is a sweet looking phone as a lot of Andriod phones are, just not enough for me to make a switch again...tried a couple and realized nothing works as well as my BB, period.

That is just me, we all differ...

06-08-10 01:07 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD