Hi All,

I just want to double check what I think I already know.

I have a BB Torch 9800 and a BB BOLD 9900 both on Bell. If I want to swith numbers and continue usng both phones. Can I simply switch the sim cards wihtout having to pay Bell the fees to switch a number? I think I can right?

I read in an older post that you can but they were switching different models than I have.

Thanks,

Knight.
    08-15-11 05:17 PM
    Yes, the SIM is yours and you can swap SIMS between phones (even if one of them is unlocked).

You will not be charged extra. I do it all the time.
    08-15-11 05:22 PM
    Yes, the SIM is yours and you can swap SIMS between phones (even if one of them is unlocked).

You will not be charged extra. I do it all the time.
    And I assume this does not transfer things like email accounts and such? I assume I will have to use the desktop software and switch device to transfer emails, email accounts and such from one phone to the other. Essentially what I want to do is a one time permanent switch of the hardware from one number to the other.

Thanks again,

Knight.
    08-15-11 05:59 PM
    And I assume this does not transfer things like email accounts and such? I assume I will have to use the desktop software and switch device to transfer emails, email accounts and such from one phone to the other. Essentially what I want to do is a one time permanent switch of the hardware from one number to the other.

Thanks again,

Knight.
    Yes you can use the same SIM for both phones and the only thing you will have to do is pull battery out every time you want to yous your other phone.

Yes about Email you have to set up you email account again, it will ask you on setup to associate you email account to the new Device , i did the same From Bold 9780 to Torch 9800 and now To torch 9810.
    08-15-11 06:02 PM

Thanks again,

Knight.
    True, this will not automatically transfer all of your settings and e-mail accounts and your BIS or BES account. You will have to use the Desktop Manager to transfer all the information from your current unit, to your new one.

I am not sure that I understand the reference to numbers? Your account is linked with a number, if you want to change the main number that you wish to associate with your BIS, then you must contact your carrier (Bell).

Cheers,
    08-15-11 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD