I've done a search here and elsewhere and see the problem has been brought up but I can't find a solution.

The server my bb is on is in Europe, so when you type something into google it directs you to the European versions of the page (ie ebay usa vs ebay UK). I've gotten around that in the past by just saving the US version of the particular page and I'm set, but I guess something's changed and now I can't direct my search to the US version of the page.

Any ideas?

thanks
    06-28-11 09:27 AM
    Have you gone to google.com and set your location? Once you do this it should remember where you are and give results based on location.

Edit* if I remember correctly you have to sign in and then select Settings. That is if you are registered w/google/gmail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 06-28-11 at 09:48 PM.
    06-28-11 09:45 PM
    Sorry Alex, just tried my suggestion and could not change my location. I do remember setting my location somewhere on the BB when I first got it. I will have to do some research. Get back to you soon.

06-28-11 09:58 PM
    I knew I wasn't imagining. You can go to yahoo.com and set location by city. After doing this, searches from yahoo should pull up only US results. Let me know how it works for you.

06-28-11 10:12 PM
    You have to dig around each individual site you are visiting, and hope there's an option to change. The redirect is usually done by the webserver, using the IP address of the visitor device.
    06-29-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD