I purchased a phone off ebay brand new in box sealed plastic still on the phone.
    Anyways, it was never activated, I was talking to the guy about a problem I was having with it the back button sometimes gets stuck on the storm 2 9550.
    Anyways he contacted VZW to see if we could send it back for an exchange.
    They said the phone was never activated so they don't know whats going on, and they can't figure out whats wrong with the back button because its never been activated. Lol? Sounds like crap to me, anyways...

He told me that we have to activate the phone him and I, or he will be charged full retail price of the phone, so if he doesn't or anyone doesn't activate a phone purchased from VZW after 30 days, they will be charged the full retail price of the phone??? how correct is this?

Also I unlocked it and I am using it on AT&T how will activating it for his account affect me and what i've done to it? I called AT&T and setup a BB data plan on it.

Jon
    04-21-10 06:19 PM
    sounds like he screwed himself buy purchasing the phone probably with a new 2 year contract and then selling the phone and not putting anotherone on his new account
    04-21-10 06:23 PM
    ^ Agreed! I certainly don't think that you can activate your phone with Verizon when you already have it on an ATT plan.... I might be wrong, but that seems like if you tried to have cable from 2 different cable companies on the same television, if you ask me. Doesn't seem possible.... Best of luck!
    04-21-10 07:14 PM
    He is using a phone on his contract. He said that VZW is going to charge full retail because he never activated it.

so he wants me to put the sim back in my old phone, and then he is going to call and activate the storm 2 he got, he said I have to dial * 228 and then hit 1.
    Which means I deactivated it I guess? Idk what hes going to do on his side I assume called Verizon and have it activated. Then he deactivates it and I put my sim card in and i'm good to go.

lol, none of that sounds like it's going to work to me.

Is this even possible?
    04-21-10 07:48 PM
    He is using a phone on his contract. He said that VZW is going to charge full retail because he never activated it.

so he wants me to put the sim back in my old phone, and then he is going to call and activate the storm 2 he got, he said I have to dial * 228 and then hit 1.
    Which means I deactivated it I guess? Idk what hes going to do on his side I assume called Verizon and have it activated. Then he deactivates it and I put my sim card in and i'm good to go.

lol, none of that sounds like it's going to work to me.

Is this even possible?
    Do not let him activate it on his account. If he activates it, then
    you'll be screwed..

You paid for it, so its yours.
    04-21-10 08:15 PM
    OMG... you didn't already do it, did you?
    04-21-10 08:16 PM
    i deffinitely wouldn't do it
    04-21-10 08:18 PM
    You bought it on ebay - did the seller provide a warranty or allow returns? If not, I'd say you just have to have it repaired or try to do it yourself. If Verizon or an authorized Verizon partner didn't sell it to you, they have no responsibility to repair.
    04-21-10 08:20 PM
    I have a simple rule: Always buy retail.
    04-21-10 08:28 PM
    unfortunately, this is his mistake. you have to consider this could be a scam, cover your **** first.

if you activates that phone, even if he does give it back or you somehow manage to keep it the whole time, good luck getting it working again on ATT! don't bother man, either keep it or get a full refund first and then return it.
    04-21-10 08:43 PM
    unfortunately, this is his mistake. you have to consider this could be a scam, cover your **** first.

if you activates that phone, even if he does give it back or you somehow manage to keep it the whole time, good luck getting it working again on ATT! don't bother man, either keep it or get a full refund first and then return it.
    I'm with him, keep it as is, or get a full refund and return the phone, AND get the refund first! How much did you pay for the unlock code? I think if I explain the situation to one of my friends in the unlocking busuness (I have several) I can get you a free, or deeply discounted code, on your next S2.
    04-21-10 11:21 PM
    No worries everyone, the button really isn't a big deal it sometimes doesn't work, but the majority of the time it does.
    He just wanted me to activate it on my side of the line for him then deactivate it and then I can use it again. So I did, and I am using it again works fine, I only paid 0.99 cents for my unlock code.
    04-22-10 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD