1. breakallthegirls's Avatar
    Last night someone spilled beer all over my curve and now it's not working. I took the battery out, took a hairdryer to it and let it air out all night.

    It will turn on but then none of the keys work and then the screen will go blank after a minute or two.

    Is there anything I can do to salvage my phone? Or should I just give up now and buy a new one?
    06-12-10 11:35 AM
  2. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Probably not.

    1) The liquid and sugar in the beer has more than likely borked the circuit board
    2) The hairdryer was one of the worst things you could do for 2 reasons.
    First you dried the sugar to the board and second you pushed the liquid
    deeper into the phone.

    I suspect any of the standard methods to recover your phone will be an
    exercise in futility. Hopefully you have insurance, if not a new phone is in your
    immediate future.
    06-12-10 11:40 AM
  3. Pi Guy 3.14's Avatar
    Hey look on the bright side at least your phone had a good time

    No but seriously, that sucks. Maybe its time to upgrade that ol' curve of yours!
    06-12-10 11:51 AM
  4. Radius's Avatar
    As you have nothing left to lose, throw it in a tub of 100% rubbing alcohol and let it sit overnight. Swish it around, take it out and let it sit for an hour, hit it with the hair dryer for a minute and turn it on and see if it comes back to life.

    Could work, might not, you never know. As AG said, there's sugar in there now.
    06-12-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD