Greetings Fellow BBers,

I have a BB Bold 9650 which just yesterday I upgraded to OS6 and discovered the new Bedside Mode. In this version I can suppress the LED and select hours for when bedside mode should activate while charging.

My question is, shouldn't this feature come on automatically while the phone is charging? That is, if I have my bedside mode set to run between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m., shouldn't bedside mode 'turn on' automatically at 9 p.m.? It doesn't seem to do that, so after 9 p.m., I end up either having to activate the feature manually by going into the Clock application, or I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in, at which point bedside mode kicks in.

I get why the feature doesn't de-activate in the morning by itself--what if you're sleeping in and don't want your Loud profile to come on with the BB right next to your head? But it seems the activation part would just happen. Am I misconfiguring something or just misunderstanding how the feature should work?

I know that the auto on/off feature would do exactly what I'm describing, but I like that the radio remains on this way and everything is waiting for me when I first use the phone in the morning. Any help appreciated!

Joy
    05-22-12 12:36 AM
    I just have it to always enable bedside mode when plugged in. In the few cases where I don't want it, I can always clear it.
    05-22-12 12:59 AM
    Set it to Display Clock when charging then just press B ( also T for Timer, S for Stopwatch) to activate bedside mode. In the morning take the charger out and everything will go back to normal.
    05-22-12 02:04 AM
    It always comes on automatically for me. Make sure you have 'Restrict To Certain Hours' checked.

If that fails, do a battery pull.
    05-22-12 06:46 AM
    Mine comes on automatically, but the charger has to be connected. Check to see, it's probably doing it for you, too. You'll see that the sound profile icon will change from your active profile to the one you've chosen for Bedside Mode. As stated above, make sure you have "Restrict to Certain Hours" checked. "Dismiss Clock Automatically" is nice, too; the clock will disappear when you unplug the charger. You can also manually put the phone in and out of bedside mode when it's not connected to the charger (while the clock is displayed) by pressing the "B" key.
    05-22-12 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD