Does anyone know if there is there a way to disable calender reminders while the Tour (OS 4.7 from Verizon) is in bedside mode?
    11-14-09 03:55 AM
    Bedside mode is selecting a profile when you choose it. You can change which profile it uses in the clock's options.

You could set up a "Bedside" custom profile and pick which notifications you want to receive.
    11-14-09 06:29 AM
    Seems like a silly question but why do you have calendar alerts showing up when you are trying to sleep? It would seem those alerts need to be changed to an appropriate time.

One of the things you need to be careful to avoid is suppressing those alerts completely during bedside mode in the event that you are simply charging your phone during a non sleeping time period (AKA emergency charging at the office and missing a meeting because of it. Been there and almost missed one.)
    11-14-09 08:22 AM
    If you have a series of reminders/alarms set for specific purposes, make sure the times are correct so they aren't waking you up in the middle of the night.

You could do that, or completely remove them and set them up as calendar entries with silent reminders...
    11-14-09 11:10 AM
    i feel your pain, i posted on this yesterday. i have my day starting at 5 in the morning and whenever there's an all day event with an alarm that stupid popup comes up and blocks your clock even if you the sound and led are turned off
    11-14-09 11:29 AM
    I use Google Sync to synchronize my Google Calender with my BlackBerry calender. Any event I set as "all day" (in other words, anything I don't set a time for automatically sets up as an "all day" event in Google Calender - and unfortunately there are way too many of these to manually edit at this point) pops up as a reminder when my "day" starts. My day starts (according to Google) around 5:18. I wake up at 5:30.

This isn't a huge deal, it's just nice to wake up and see the clock instead of having to dismiss a calender reminder first. I could edit the calender, but like I said before, my calender is massive now so this would take a while. It would be much easier to just tell the BlackBerry to ignore calender reminders while in "Bedside Mode".

Thanks for the info!
    11-15-09 03:01 PM
    I agree. It would be great to simply have the option of disabling calendar reminders in Bedside mode. I have peoples' birthdays in there set up as all-day events (e.g., 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM). Although bedside mode is disabling the LED and audible alerts, when I wake up, I see these REMINDERS obscuring the clock. I want the reminders, I just don't want them appearing in bedside mode.

I realize there is the potential "gotchas" if I have it in the charger at my office, but the reality is, when I am in my office and it is in the charger, I also have reminders on my computer.
    04-25-10 07:58 PM