Is there a way that my 9700 shows up the clock permanently when charging WITHOUT the keypad light?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 01:51 AM
    Not that I know of unless you have a Storm which obviously doesn't have a keypad.

Did you try turning off the keypads backlight. It would always be off though unless you keep switching back and forth.
    Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 04-26-10 at 02:09 AM.
    04-26-10 02:07 AM
    my keypad doesnt stay lit when i have bedside mode on
    04-26-10 06:54 AM
    Try putting it on the charger and then activating bedside mode. When you put it on the charger it automatically goes to the clock and lights the screen and keyboard.

04-26-10 07:10 AM
    my keypad doesnt stay lit when i have bedside mode on
    I mean screen light on but not the keypad, I don't get the point of beside mode anyways if the screen is going to be off.
    04-26-10 09:53 PM
    exactly, the clock stays a little lit and my keypad is off...
    04-27-10 07:10 AM
    I mean screen light on but not the keypad, I don't get the point of beside mode anyways if the screen is going to be off.
    The point of bedside mode it that you can still have your blackberry on and use it as a clock and alarm clock. I use it every night. The screen dims but I can still read the time.
    04-27-10 09:14 AM
    Click your Clock icon and then Options, scroll down to where is says "When Charging" and choose "Enter Bedside Mode" . Now when you plug it into the charger or charging dock, it quickly enters Bedside Mode and you have the clock face of your choice and the keypad light goes out.
    04-27-10 09:20 AM
    Click your Clock icon and then Options, scroll down to where is says "When Charging" and choose "Enter Bedside Mode" . Now when you plug it into the charger or charging dock, it quickly enters Bedside Mode and you have the clock face of your choice and the keypad light goes out.
    Ah you beat me to it!
    You have to make sure that it is set to go to Enter Bedside Mode. Once this is set, after you plug your phone in, the screen will dim, and the keyboard backlight will go out.
    04-27-10 09:42 AM
    Great info.. Thanks!
    04-27-10 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD