Approximately 1 month ago there were several thread stating that apps were being removed from BBW. I did notice this around the launch of the passport. Now that I have a passport, I noticed some apps I had on z30 were no longer available. However, now I see the reappearing with passport support. This is a positive sign that BBW is still alive and maturing.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:43 PM
    It just means people who uploaded apps actually signed in and adjusted the settings to make them available. Is that a resurgence? I dunno.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-28-14 08:45 PM
    It just means people who uploaded apps actually signed in and adjusted the settings to make them available. Is that a resurgence? I dunno.
    This make sound like a stupid question, but how do you adjust the settings do you make them available? I thought the availability was based of the type of the device the app supports.
    10-29-14 03:52 AM
    This make sound like a stupid question, but how do you adjust the settings do you make them available? I thought the availability was based of the type of the device the app supports.
    I think he means the developers adjusted the settings on their apps to better support the Passport and released them as an update and therefore apps that were not available on BBW through the Passport, now are. Not a resurgence only an adjustment and re-introduction of already existing apps to support a new device.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-29-14 10:30 AM
    Developers can target whatever devices they want through the dev portal. If I want an app to be 'Passport compatible' all I need to do is check a box that says so and it will be available to the Passport. (Doesn't always mean it'll actually work but that's another story lol) A lot of apps get migrated before a device launch, but those who opt out of the auto migration can manually set compatibility whenever they wish. Some opt out to test their apps, some opt out because they know the app won't work and some opt out for a combination of both reasons and they plan on updating them later with support for the Passport or whatever device. For example, all Q10 apps will be auto migrated to support the Classic but if I was to opt out, then my app wouldn't be migrated and wouldn't be available until I specifically went in and marked it as supported on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and bakron1 like this.
    10-29-14 08:03 PM
    Developers can target whatever devices they want through the dev portal. If I want an app to be 'Passport compatible' all I need to do is check a box that says so and it will be available to the Passport. (Doesn't always mean it'll actually work but that's another story lol) A lot of apps get migrated before a device launch, but those who opt out of the auto migration can manually set compatibility whenever they wish. Some opt out to test their apps, some opt out because they know the app won't work and some opt out for a combination of both reasons and they plan on updating them later with support for the Passport or whatever device. For example, all Q10 apps will be auto migrated to support the Classic but if I was to opt out, then my app wouldn't be migrated and wouldn't be available until I specifically went in and marked it as supported on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for clearing it up for me, that's why I love this site and the great folks who participate on the forums.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile (10.3.1.938)
    10-30-14 03:22 AM
    Thanks for clearing it up for me
    Glad to help.
    10-30-14 11:18 PM