for those of you who use the app, i've a couple questions :

1. where do you all have your track directory located?

and...

2. what do you do (step by step please ) to view your tracks on google earth?

i've been trying to figure this out, and i've been scouring the forums for an answer...no luck.
    01-25-08 01:51 AM
    This isn't necessarily an answer to your question, but I've been playing around with the app from blackberrytracker dot com and it works great. you check out your track on a website and if you want to see it in google earth there is a link that launches it from the website
    01-25-08 05:15 PM

I'm also having trouble figuring out this probably very simple step. I have the 8130. I figure it should go on my SD card but I browse there and then I'm not sure what to do...

Thanks for any basic step by step advice...
    04-28-08 06:03 PM
    and...
    2. what do you do (step by step please ) to view your tracks on google earth?
    1. SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/ (see screenshot - attached)

2. google earth reads KML files (not gpx) so make sure thta you have that checked under options (second to last in that screen)

then you need to record a track

stop/save/export the track -- it will prompt you for access and you should accept

connect the phone to pc and get that KML file

double click it and that's that ..
    Last edited by APcell; 04-28-08 at 06:25 PM.
    04-28-08 06:18 PM
    P.S. there are >MANY< things that you can do with the .gpx file that you cannot with the .kml -- including viewing it in Google Earth if you have MapSource for example or adding thumbnails of pictures on the trail etc. .. but what i posted before is imo the most straightforward way ..

there is also a software that can convert your gpx file to either klm or kmz .. it's called "gpx to kml" .. (hm � no wonder!)
    04-28-08 06:34 PM
    APcell,

I see "sdcard/blackberry/documents" on the screenshot. Sorry for the basic question, but how do I get that to appear in the program. I went into the sd card and I created the documents folder under blackberry. But I can't figure out how to add it to the screen you show. I tried browsing and selecting, I wrote in the path as you show it but I can't figure out how to save it. Thanks again for your help...
    Steve
    04-28-08 07:53 PM
    no problem ..

fist - make sure you do not have the cell plugged into the pc usb .. then ..

1) start bbTracker
    2) menu -> options -> you get to the screen like the attached picture in the prev. post
    3) use trackball and go right next to "Track directory:" and then press menu again
    4) choose "Browse" and set it to whatever directory you want (see attached screenshot in this post)

hope this helps ..
    AP.
    Last edited by APcell; 04-28-08 at 08:35 PM.
    04-28-08 08:13 PM
    no problem ..

fist - make sure you do not have the cell plugged into the pc usb .. then ..

1) start bbTracker
    2) menu -> options -> you get to the screen like the attached picture in the prev. post
    3) use trackball and go right next to "Track directory:" and then press menu again
    4) choose "Browse" and set it to whatever directory you want (see attached screenshot in this post)

hope this helps ..
    AP.
    I followed instructions #3 and #4. I selected Browse and I got a screen that says on top "Track storage Directory." Under it, I get "SDCard/" and "store/". If I "select" SDCard/ then I get a message "The application bbTracker has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?" I click on Yes. Then I get a blank screen with "SDCard/ - Track Storage Dir" across the top. There is no option at that point to save or do anything other than escape out. This returns me to the Options screen and the blank space to the right of "Track Directory:" I must be doing something wrong here. Ideally, if I could, would I be selecting the documents folder that I created on the SD card? Any further assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    04-29-08 05:56 AM
    I am having a different issue with this I just set up an account and I goto the log in after I fill everything out and check all the boxes it hangs on the "logging you in status" and I can get any further. any suggestions?
    04-29-08 06:49 AM
    I followed instructions #3 and #4. I selected Browse and I got a screen that says on top "Track storage Directory." Under it, I get "SDCard/" and "store/". If I "select" SDCard/ then I get a message "The application bbTracker has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?" I click on Yes.
    right .. so far so good !

Then I get a blank screen with "SDCard/ - Track Storage Dir" across the top. There is no option at that point to save or do anything other than escape out. This returns me to the Options screen and the blank space to the right of "Track Directory:" I must be doing something wrong here. Ideally, if I could, would I be selecting the documents folder that I created on the SD card?
    Ok, i am getting the SAME MESSAGE (see attachment) only when i have my cell connected with the usb. That's because when the cell is connected to the usb (with SD = mass storage) then the cell cannot access it. So, when you want to select something on your SD card, unplug your cell from the usb. -OR- select a directory in the device memory (those files do not take much space anyway).
    04-30-08 03:00 AM
    Even though I have the same path availalbe on the card that you do (sdcard/blackberry/documents), when I get to that screen I only see "SDcard/ - Track storage Dir". I was not connected to the USB when I tried this. In any event do you think this problem has something to do with the way the mass storage is set up? I can try to do something with the "store/" directory but I recall that nothing happens when I select this either... Is it necessary to be connected with my GPS puck while doing this? (I wasn't connected.) I will look at the "masss store" settings. I'll also try to select the "store/" option. I'll also try all of this with the GPS puck connected.

Again, thanks for taking time to walk this through with me.
    04-30-08 04:56 AM
    The problem seems to be that the program won't let me select a directory path. I can see the SD card but not any of the subdirectories. It won't let me select a path to either the SD card or the device memory. I suspect it may have something to do with the way I've set up the card on the device? I'm stuck. Any further assistance appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 08:02 PM
    hm .. this seems to work for me ..

1) start bbTracker

I really can't figure out why you can't browse your card .. is that an 8GB card or something? I used a 2GB and a 4GB microSD with no problem.
    05-05-08 12:50 AM
    It's a 2 gb card. And the problem does seem to be with finding the path on the SD card. I am also playing around with a program called mgmaps. It has a similar setup where you need to pick the path to where the external maps (that you've downloaded and stored on the card) are located. I am able to select the path for that program. But not on bbtracker. It's puzzling why I can find and set the correct file path on one program and not the other.

Thanks for thinking about this with me. If you think of anything else please let me know. As it stands now, I can't store any tracks...
    05-05-08 05:07 AM
    well, the only other option i can think of is forget about the SD card and just set a path in the device memory (those files are really small anyway, they should not take up too much space in your phone).
    I tried path: store/home/user/documents
    and it works

P.S. did you go to options -> security options -> application permissions and set bbTracker to "ALLOW"
    (it may not read the SD card - or any part of your phones memory - because it doesn't have permission)
    Last edited by APcell; 05-05-08 at 08:17 PM.
    05-05-08 08:12 PM
    Yup, all the permissions are set to "allow"

I'm having the same problem with finding a path in the store directory. After I select "store", the next screen has store on the top with "- Track Storage Dir" next to it and then things freeze. There is no opportunity to select the path. So it looks like I know what to do but the program (or the 8130) is not cooperating. Maybe I'll try removing and reinstalling the program to see if that does anything...

Thanks again
    05-06-08 05:07 AM
    well, not that there's anything wrong with bbTracker (although in your case there may be) .. but why don't you guys try "MobileTracker" by SkyLab .. not only it works great with the 8310, keeps a triplog and stores it in both kmz and gpx format .. but you can also take pictures and add to the track (it automatically will convert the triplog and the geotagged-pictures into a Google Earth file).
    it's pretty cool .. i had to use 3 software to do that with my other gps .. now this phone does it all by itself !!
    AP.
    05-11-08 11:22 PM
    I just spent a ridiculous amount of time troubleshooting a stupid mistake on my part.

My problem was that I was using a leading / in the pathname, so instead of SDCard/BlackBerry/bbTracker (correct) I had /SDCard/BlackBerry/bbTracker (not correct). Didn't find it until I cleared out the entire entry and hit "Browse." Arg!!!
    05-19-09 08:15 AM
    Ya I have been trying mobiletracker for the past 3 hours, it wont pull the gps data off of my Tour 9630. Which is irritating since it is supposed to work as stated on their site.
    07-21-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD