Just read a lot more threads about this. I'm going to uninstall my present version, and reinstall. Let's see what happens...

Fingers crossed. I just want to be able to send a text, and email without getting the 'Java' error...
    06-27-08 08:50 PM
    OMGoodess! That was it, it's bloody working like it should have in the first place now...

OK, life is good now
    06-27-08 08:52 PM
    Nice navi! I just got my messaging list to start wking too. Deleted the contacts and re-added and somehow they worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 12:00 AM
    Again, BB does not go around, Im sure and ask all the 3rd party developers what does BB need to do so that the developers can create these apps so there are no conflicts, bugs and so on. They are busy concentrating on their OS to work properly as is.
    In fact, you could not be more wrong here. RIM invests an enormous amount of time, money, and energy in to trying to build a reliable platform for third-party developers.

• That's why they have a developer website, website, documentation, developer tools, resources, etc.
    • That's why they talk to developers. Me, for example, when I was at WES this year. And many other developers too.
    • That's why they recently threw down $150M to encourage the creation of third-party applications.
    • That's why they are running a developer conference in October this year.

At RIM, just as Palm did, they are throwing down an enormous amount of money to build a reliable platform for application development. Right now it is the single hottest topic in the mobile world, especially with the emergence of the iPhone which is a spanking hot platform for developers, similarly Android.

Your car analogy is way off. Car manufacturers aren't trying to create a "platform". RIM is. Along with pretty much every single mobile manufacturer in the world.

Anyway... End Rant! Sorry...it's a topic dear to my heart since I run DevBerry.com
    Last edited by eZainny; 06-28-08 at 06:58 AM.
    06-28-08 06:18 AM
    Nice navi! I just got my messaging list to start wking too. Deleted the contacts and re-added and somehow they worked.

Cool, glad to hear
    06-28-08 06:34 AM
    Just to provide an update too, we've got a v1.4 internally here that we're currently testing May be able to get a release out over the weekend or could be Monday/Tuesday.

Adds in the paste functionality too! (See Apple, it's not that hard! ZING!)
    06-28-08 06:35 AM
    Do you think we'll see the inclusion of native apps in another release?

Thanks a lot Zainny
    06-28-08 12:27 PM
    I not only own the application, but I participated in the beta test from day one. In fact, I suggested the icon color changing enhancement (as well as many other feature enhancements that since have been implemented) to Neil early within the beta window prior to release.

I am talking about the RIM alarm icon in the status area of the home screen that shows with the RIM Alarm application, not the Alarms Pro application icon. Set an alarm using RIM's standard Alarm application, and you'll see what I mean.

As far as developer support, this is Neil himself -- most of the 3rd-party BlackBerry application developer shops are small (i.e., one to three person) operations. Neil knows better than most what the RIM APIs allow him to do as far as an implementation. There is no getting around the fact that the BlackBerry OS is buggy at best.

I don't want to turn this into negative back and forth rant. Just be assured that the issues that can be addressed are being worked by Neil and his small development team literally around the clock -- the man is passionate about what he does, and he puts out excellent products (which is why individuals such as myself spend a significant amount of personal time beta testing products). Yes, there are glitches, but look at how quickly he addresses them.

I dont doubt the commitment of the developers of these software and Im sure they are doing all they can to get out the best product possible. It was just fustrating that the trial went smooth and I was sold (and still use it), but the day I paid, it goes hay wire.
    06-28-08 03:00 PM
    In fact, you could not be more wrong here. RIM invests an enormous amount of time, money, and energy in to trying to build a reliable platform for third-party developers.

• That's why they have a developer website, website, documentation, developer tools, resources, etc.
    • That's why they talk to developers. Me, for example, when I was at WES this year. And many other developers too.
    • That's why they recently threw down $150M to encourage the creation of third-party applications.
    • That's why they are running a developer conference in October this year.

At RIM, just as Palm did, they are throwing down an enormous amount of money to build a reliable platform for application development. Right now it is the single hottest topic in the mobile world, especially with the emergence of the iPhone which is a spanking hot platform for developers, similarly Android.

Your car analogy is way off. Car manufacturers aren't trying to create a "platform". RIM is. Along with pretty much every single mobile manufacturer in the world.

Anyway... End Rant! Sorry...it's a topic dear to my heart since I run DevBerry.com

First off, I hate to be wrong, but if I am, I am. And I'll be the first to admit it. But, don't think all that time and money that you say RIM has invested is for the pure purpose so that RIM OS runs smooth with all 3rd party apps. They do it because it promotes RIM and increases their sales and so forth. But thats great that the relationship is that tight between RIM and developers.

Now, that I know Im talking to "the Man" of the app I was having problems with and since you already know my problem I was having with BBSmart Alarms, and the response your support gave me, are you saying I should be contacting RIM and telling them to fix my problem with BBSmart Alarm Pro? Because thats what I got from the response. "its RIM, not us, live with it". Well, I paid you, not RIM for the app. I own 3 of your products and recommend them to others in my office, and YES, when its not doing what its suppose to do, I would like it fixed- that simple, not passed on and left with no solution.

My analogy? You are reading into it way too much. My point is accountability. That simple.

Look, Im not trying to get in a p!$$ing match here. Your the pro, not me and you would win on the technical side. Im just a customer, and felt short changed when I got that response from support.
    06-28-08 03:27 PM
    Discovered bug (ver 1.3)
    Pressing enter in the field for contact/number for phone or messaging leads to returning to next line

Desired feature:
    Wrapping the hilight cursor in toolbar icon shortcuts

06-30-08 04:04 PM
    FYI -- BBSmart Shortcuts v1.4 public beta is now available. Check out this thread initiated by eZainny: http://forums.crackberry.com/f89/bbs...11/#post469026 just a few minutes ago!
    07-08-08 11:08 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD