If you back up your apps on BBSAK, how do you restore them if necessary? I have some themes that I want to back up and then delete off of my device until a later time. I don't want to completely lose the themes but I've never tried to put apps back onto my phone using BBSAK. I have backed them up but am not sure how to reload them onto my phone. Can you pick and choose which apps you want to reload onto your phone or does it reload everything from the folder that you saved everything?

Any help would be appreciated? Thanks.
    03-05-10 09:38 PM
    if you use bbsak to back up then when you restore you have to restore everything.

forget bbsak for back ups - this is a much better method that lets you pick individual files to restore: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    03-05-10 09:44 PM
    if you use bbsak to back up then when you restore you have to restore everything.

forget bbsak for back ups - this is a much better method that lets you pick individual files to restore: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    I respectfully disagree. BBSAK is a much simpler approach to backing up and
    restoring apps. The link you posted, while valid, is many more steps to
    accomplish the same thing.
    03-05-10 10:14 PM
    I respectfully disagree. BBSAK is a much simpler approach to backing up and
    restoring apps. The link you posted, while valid, is many more steps to
    accomplish the same thing.
    I definitely agree, but in the OP's case he sounded like he wanted the ability to do a selective restore. For this you do need to go the more-steps method. If he doesn't want a selective restore then by means he should use BBSAK.
    03-05-10 10:17 PM
    What if I backed up apps with BBSAK and then went into the folder that I just backed them up in, renamed it Themes and deleted all other apps but the themes? Then if I wanted to restore only themes that would be what is in that folder. Woudl this work if I just wanted to restore the themes and not mess with any other apps?
    03-05-10 10:20 PM
    You can selectively restore with BBSAK by using the "load COD" option, then select the theme COD you want to reload. I do it all the time, its quick and simple.
    03-05-10 10:24 PM
    dumb question.......what does COD stand for? Is that the type of file it's saved as? And thanks!
    03-05-10 10:26 PM
    not sure what it stands for its the "code" for how an app runs. I found when I make my own theme there are like 14 or 15 cod files that are loaded as it is created but when I back up those some odd files are only ONE file..so the installation compresses them to one... they also retain the file name so its pretty obvious what goes with what and you can selectively reload with bbsak.
    03-05-10 10:58 PM
    BrennB, I just tried it and it worked! Thanks so much!
    03-05-10 11:06 PM
    Great! It really is easy to use and I'm learning more and more about my BB every day. Glad I can finally help someone!
    03-05-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD