hi there,

my Rogers wireless Torch 9810 is using the latest OS. 7.1.0.391 and I get as far as Load OS. For some reason I am not able to load the OS. I click on the LoadOS button but I get a message that it can't locate any OS installed.
    I am using the official device software from my carrier so I didn't think I need to remove any Vendor files.

What do I do?

Thanks!

ps: i'm trying to remove traces of my previous OS as i still see it on DM in the Updates section. I tried to remove on the blackberry itself without success. I went to Options>Device>Software Updates then I hit the Menu button and can not find the menu link, "view results" and the screen says there is no updates.
    05-31-12 12:58 AM
    You try doing a security wipe after a back-up?

Then doing an "update"... Which should be where you're at if i gather that...

then a restore... then an app restore via BBSak...
    05-31-12 01:14 AM
    yes, i've tried security wipe.

I've tried the following:

security wipe
    complete wipe and reload using apploader and DM
    i made sure to check on both options in apploader>advanced
    i've tried just about everything

i found the fix on RIMs KB articles, the fix is to go to Options>Device>Software Updates
    then press the Menu button and select View Results.

My issue is that I don't have the option to select View Results.
    05-31-12 01:23 AM
    and DM continues to display that I have device os 7.0, 7.1 (local installation) and another 7.1.

i know there are no traces of these device OS on my computer other then the one i want to keep.

I know this for a fact because I just reformatted my PC. Reintalled Windows 7 64bit, intalled the 7.0 DM software and the latest device OS from my carrier.
    Last edited by nehow79; 05-31-12 at 01:27 AM.
    05-31-12 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD