Can anyone get to Blackberry's main web site right now? I was able to get there and try to start downloading desktop manager, but it didn't download and now the site doesn't load at all!! I am trying from work and from my home computer (via RDP to my home server)

**EDIT**
    Ok if you CAN get to the homepage, see if you can goto Software, Desktop Software, 4.7 /w Media manager. See if it will let you download it. I tried multilanguage and English both.
    Last edited by robmtx; 04-23-09 at 09:14 AM.
    04-23-09 09:11 AM
    The na.blackberry.com site is available and behaving normaly.

I am trying from work and from my home computer (via RDP to my home server)
    If you are having difficulty, it's not them....
    04-23-09 09:45 AM
    Assuming you mean here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

I just downloaded it with no issues.
    04-23-09 09:49 AM
    Did you try downloading the software?

I'm having difficulty from two different locations, and this is the only site I'm having trouble with.

At home I can start the download and it gets about half way and then it fails.

At work I can get to the download prompt but it never starts the download.

"Proxy Error"

The Proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST/Downloads/downloadFile.

Reason: Error Reading from remote server.

I don't have a proxy server at work or at home, and this sounds like an error in their stuff.
    04-23-09 09:49 AM
    It's quite possible that it's a firewall or connectivity issue with your office. I can't download from my office computer due to firewall issues. If necesary I just unplug the LAN and tether my BB. DON'T try this unless you have a tethering plan with your carrier.
    04-23-09 09:55 AM
    Amazing, did you abort the download after it started or let it go all the way through? I can start the download sometimes, but it dies during the download.
    04-23-09 09:56 AM
    pkcable,

This doesn't work from my office BUT I am also Terminal Serviced into my home server so I am on my home internet, and it behaves exactly the same way.
    04-23-09 09:58 AM
    Have you tried your carrier's website? Often they too will have the DM software for download.
    04-23-09 10:01 AM
    Now we're talking, pkcable! I went to T-Mobile's site and got 4.6 version. That will just have to do for today and I'll look for 4.7 from BB's site later.

Thanks for that idea!
    04-23-09 10:04 AM
    Amazing, did you abort the download after it started or let it go all the way through? I can start the download sometimes, but it dies during the download.
    It completed the download. Glad to see you found a solution. You can always
    rely on pkcable. Just so you know, you are better off for following his advice.
    4.7 is a bit sketchy.
    04-23-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD