I've been a fair loyalist ( not a fanatic ) to BB for many years, but after seeing the last Q results and Chen's opinion, it's clear to me that handset division is just helpless and eventually its only and solid value as secure comms software company. might make sense to be considered as speculative investment. For us, consumers, it's another story; lack of essential apps, mid specs hardware, threat of going out of business..etc makes that only users with a very specif needs of security and prompt communications platform can find a blackberry device as a better choice. Despite I dislike android OS, the future is there. I've read that Google is actually working on a new phone ( not a nexus ), that could shake android market. I have a classic, great OS, great phone, no complaints at all, and sticking to it for at least one year more but the jump looks unavoidable, sad because BB10 is the best OS ever.
    06-28-16 12:20 PM
    Chen's made it pretty clear that Android is the future of the handset division... if it's to have one.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-28-16 01:10 PM
    I agree with a lot of the points you made. The BBM video fiasco between BB10 and Android and IOS was the last straw for me! That action speaks volumes for BB attitude towards it consumers. They may not care about BB10 but they are still actively selling BB10 devices! At the very least they could make BBM video cross platform and not neglect their own OS. Although I love BB10 there is no point sticking around much longer. Priv was way overpriced, under performing and plagued with issues(overheating etc.) If Priv was their idea of high end I'm afraid for their next wave of "mid-range" android devices will disappoint even more. I can't stand Android or IOS so I was looking at WP. But the state of windows mobile lately has me wondering! They are starting to sound like BB by making statements saying they will concentrate their mobile efforts on enterprise in a few countries. I've done the consumer user business focused on enterprise dance with BB and I don't want to go down that route again. So I'm going to give in and go Android. I'll wait for the upcoming Nexus device and Android N release and then make the jump. At least with Android N you can control your app permissions and not be forced to give access to everything as you currently have to do. That is a feature I loved on BB10. Glad it will make it's way to Android!

I wish BB all the best in the future. But as a consumer user I can't take it anymore.
    pstrusi likes this.
    06-28-16 01:31 PM
    I agree with a lot of the points you made. The BBM video fiasco between BB10 and Android and IOS was the last straw for me! That action speaks volumes for BB attitude towards it consumers. They may not care about BB10 but they are still actively selling BB10 devices! At the very least they could make BBM video cross platform and not neglect their own OS. Although I love BB10 there is no point sticking around much longer. Priv was way overpriced, under performing and plagued with issues(overheating etc.) If Priv was their idea of high end I'm afraid for their next wave of "mid-range" android devices will disappoint even more. I can't stand Android or IOS so I was looking at WP. But the state of windows mobile lately has me wondering! They are starting to sound like BB by making statements saying they will concentrate their mobile efforts on enterprise in a few countries. I've done the consumer user business focused on enterprise dance with BB and I don't want to go down that route again. So I'm going to give in and go Android. I'll wait for the upcoming Nexus device and Android N release and then make the jump. At least with Android N you can control your app permissions and not be forced to give access to everything as you currently have to do. That is a feature I loved on BB10. Glad it will make it's way to Android!

I wish BB all the best in the future. But as a consumer user I can't take it anymore.
    I was surprised to find you can do that on iPhone also. I use a z30 for work and I phone for personal

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 02:24 PM
    I've shown a lot of people all the cool features of BlackBerry os10, like BlackBerry blend, USB on the go, access to your computers files from your phone anywhere as long as your computer is connected to the Internet. The hub and how great email is.
    And people just don't care
    I'm finding that most smartphone users main use is texting ,Facebook and games most could care less about the features I just mentioned

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    06-28-16 02:29 PM
    I've shown a lot of people all the cool features of BlackBerry os10, like BlackBerry blend, USB on the go, access to your computers files from your phone anywhere as long as your computer is connected to the Internet. The hub and how great email is.
    And people just don't care
    I'm finding that most smartphone users main use is texting ,Facebook and games most could care less about the features I just mentioned

Posted via CB10
    I think you forget that a LOT of people today... don't use a computer much (except for at work). I do love that BB10 was very "computer like" in many ways and was a great companion for my computer.

But I think in some markets (younger people, and developing markets), BlackBerry's reliance on a PC was a mistake. Need to reload the OS... connect it to a PC, need to backup the phone... connect it to a PC. Might have been the more secure solution.. for those that want to or has access to a PC. Would have been nice if it was only an option.
    06-28-16 03:38 PM
    I wonder how they couldn't get their apps updated in the mean time. I mean common. It's BlackBerry! What else people need if their are few essential apps that works. Only security, security, security??? I probably think they would need to solve the existing problems before going to get another one. Though z10 was and is my first smart phone. I still enjoy using it. But had to keep an extra android phone to keep me alive (up to date) in this world via Internet

It's Pushh from India ....pin : 2AF4F414
    06-28-16 03:45 PM
    Chen's made it pretty clear that Android is the future of the handset division... if it's to have one.
    We should remain optimistic until all hell breaks loose.. Hopefully the green droid will help in turning the fortunes of the hardware division.
    06-28-16 03:46 PM
    BlackBerry it self has given up on bb10...

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    06-29-16 09:15 AM