Is it true that not one blackberry phone on the market is able to play flash videos? I've been doing my best to defend the blackberry brand. my wife, friends, and co-workers all have android phones. i have an older blackberry (pearl flip) so i thought it was just that my phone is an older model.
    12-27-10 04:54 AM
    So i'm doing research and most people say the blackberry phones on the market dont have a fast enough processor and meomry to run flash. i once had a t-mobile 3g slide and the 9780 has a faster processor and more memory why cant it run flash? the slide could.
    12-27-10 05:21 AM
    Is it true that not one blackberry phone on the market is able to play flash videos? I've been doing my best to defend the blackberry brand. my wife, friends, and co-workers all have android phones. i have an older blackberry (pearl flip) so i thought it was just that my phone is an older model.
    Sad, but true. But consider this: not all Android phones support Flash, either. Neither does the ALMIGHTY Iphone4, which is falsely labeled as "The Jesus" phone.
    12-27-10 05:34 AM
    as far as i know, most phones on the market dont support flash at all except andriod. nothing to lose your water over.
    12-27-10 05:36 AM
    not losing water, just didnt know.
    12-27-10 06:57 AM
    I have a torch and am able to view flash contents daily so not sure if flash viewing is only available exlcusively for android OS. My former 9700 was not but Torch and new OS work well with flash contents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 07:34 AM
    I have a torch and am able to view flash contents daily so not sure if flash viewing is only available exlcusively for android OS. My former 9700 was not but Torch and new OS work well with flash contents.

Thanks! Hope the 9780 does because I'm getting it this week.

12-27-10 09:06 AM
    Most Android phone don't do flash well either, they support it, but, it's not the same as it is on a PC! BUT wait till you see flash on the Playbook, and on QNX based BlackBerrys!
    12-27-10 09:35 AM
    I was thinking Android had to be running at least Froyo (2.2) to use Flash (and I think it has to be installed separately). Anything prior to that won't have Flash.

iPhone and BlackBerry both don't support Flash (yet, although I doubt iOS ever will). The Playbook's QNX OS definitely supports Flash, and if we ever see BlackBerry devices running QNX, we will probably see Flash on those as well. But the current OS doesn't have it.
    12-27-10 09:43 AM
    I have BB Storm I have one major problem with it, that it blocks up at least 5 time a day. Does anyone know why these phone have this fault??
    Last edited by 1misplacedmex; 12-27-10 at 10:02 AM.
    12-27-10 09:58 AM
    I have BB Storm I have one major problem with it, that it blocks up at least 5 time a day. Does anyone know why these phone have this fault??
    Please do not hijack someone elses thread with a totally unrelated question. If you need to ask post your own thread.

12-27-10 10:27 AM

Thanks! Hope the 9780 does because I'm getting it this week.

This member may be confused, the Torch does not support Adobe Flash and neither will the Bold 9780.

The member may be confused by streaming media content from the mobile verison of YouTube, but it is not Flash.
    12-27-10 10:36 AM
    They don't support flash. UZard browser partially supports and mimics it.

12-27-10 12:25 PM
    Thank you guys for coming out and supporting this thread. I'm still in love with the blackbert platform and believe they are only going to get better. Everyone doubted Nintendo could make a comback after Sony started releasing the more powerful playstations but look at them now... Everyone wants or owns a Wii. I feel like RIM is in the same boat... I have faith that they can one again become the dominate
    Phone manufacturer on the market.

12-27-10 02:56 PM
    They can if they want to, or they can keep making the devices they are now and make incremental changes ie business as usual for RIM and become a bargain basement manufacturer...

Id prefer to see them come out with some wild new things.
    12-27-10 06:11 PM
    My thought is in order for a BB to support flash in an efficient way is to add a dual core processor to the device. This is what a device running QNX will have.
    12-27-10 10:02 PM
    Personally I think Flash is overrated and generally abused. I'm glad my phone doesn't support it ... saves me the trouble of having to manually disable it!
    12-27-10 10:16 PM
    Personally I think Flash is overrated and generally abused. I'm glad my phone doesn't support it ... saves me the trouble of having to manually disable it!
    steve jobs,is that you?

12-28-10 12:21 AM
    Still though, sometimes not having it severely hampers or negates using some websites. It's better to have it and have it set to on demand so you can select what content loads and what doesn't.

Nicely done with the Steve Jobs comment btw.
    12-28-10 12:45 AM
    The current crop of blackberries aren't powerful enough to handle flash. When RIM gives us new phones with faster processors and QNX then we'll see flash. As far as video goes a lot of sites using flash to play video also have it encoded using H.264 so mobile phones like blackberry or iphones can view them. If u have a site using flash content and u need to reach mobile users then you probably need to have a mobile version written in html5 and javascript.

12-28-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD