Is it just me or is it hard to follow device upgrade evolution for BB10 devices. Perhaps Chen is migrating older devices to his branding before we will start seeing device model upgrades or perhaps he is flooding the market with a pile of BB10 branding or maybe he is seeing what they bite on.

In any event if this direction continues the public will quickly get fatigued. Who wants to buy a phone to have it discontinued, rebranded and remodelled every year. It is exhausting keeping up to find out what my next upgrade direction will be.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:33 PM
    No more customer satisfaction>>>>>only business satisfaction
    03-07-15 10:40 PM
    Can't disagree, as the BB10 device roadmap confuses me. I'm sitting here in my armchair watching Chen put out low- and mid-range devices every darn quarter, with the occasional sprinkle of a device that shines (Read: Z30, Passport). It's my observation that all these low-end devices appeal at price points that really shine in lower-economic countries (not that I'm judging).

So on the one hand, smart move for tapping into those economies. On the other hand... Tired of seeing the Z10/Q10 hardware reused ad nauseum infinitum.
    03-07-15 10:40 PM
    Too many design differences. Wish they'd find one or two form factors and stay with. Passport seems the best compromise.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:52 PM
    Even if the model is toward emerging markets the Z3 came out not even a year ago and now replaced with I'm guessing the Leap. I know calling it the Z3 2 is awkward so maybe Chen is moving away from numbers in their branding but just call it a name and stick with it already.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:56 PM
    Too many design differences. Wish they'd find one or two form factors and stay with. Passport seems the best compromise.

Posted via CB10
    Strictly just an opinion, but successful lineups:

1) Bold (i.e Classic/Passport style phones)
    2) Torch (Sliders, the best of both worlds)
    3) Z30 (Full Touch)

And not 5 different mid-range phones in the same category, but a high-, mid-, and low-range phone, updated over time. Not this random crap shoot.
    arnavrs and Tatwi like this.
    03-07-15 11:04 PM
    Strictly just an opinion, but successful lineups:

1) Bold (i.e Classic/Passport style phones)
    2) Torch (Sliders, the best of both worlds)
    3) Z30 (Full Touch)

And not 5 different mid-range phones in the same category, but a high-, mid-, and low-range phone, updated over time. Not this random crap shoot.
    But... that would make sense!

Doing a Curve Touch and Curve Classic would round out the "low end" for everywhere. The Passport and Porches would be the "something different" that creates some buzz occasionally.

Posted via CB10
    John Crist likes this.
    03-07-15 11:19 PM
    Qwerty high end/business (Passport/Q10)
    All touch high end/business Z30/Z3 (or leap)
    Hybrid (slider) - high end
    And BB has been quoted saying they are going to do something innovated each year so leave room for some crazy device.

BlackBerry should not do bottom of the barrel low end either that's why I call it business. Business is not cheap junk it's what you need to get the job done and should be at best mid-range. The "Leap" is a good example of this.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:27 AM
    Qwerty high end/business (Passport/Q10)
    All touch high end/business Z30/Z3 (or leap)
    Hybrid (slider) - high end
    And BB has been quoted saying they are going to do something innovated each year so leave room for some crazy device.

BlackBerry should not do bottom of the barrel low end either that's why I call it business. Business is not cheap junk it's what you need to get the job done and should be at best mid-range. The "Leap" is a good example of this.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, when they target the business or enterprise users, they try to make the price low, so that the companies can buy the device at a large amount at once for their workers (here they are targeting the enterprise users). Therefore the Classic and the Leap. We all know how much money BlackBerry asks for a high end device, and if they don't release the low or mid end devices, I don't think it would improve their position in the eye of the enterprise. BlackBerry doesn't consider regular consumer as the main target anymore, which most of the people on CB are, and only these kind of users need to upgrade their phone every year.
    03-08-15 03:09 AM
    Okay, but their competition demographic for usable enterprise devices ranges from $500+, with the low end being Android devices. You can argue that they're targeting the $250 range to help companies purchase en mass, but then someone at BBRY needs to really rethink that position. Target what the economy can support. Lowballing yourself THAT bad makes you look extremely desperate, and that's the worst thing you can do to yourself short of pricing yourself out of the market.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:21 AM
    They still seem to be following their stated strategy:

BlackBerry's 2014 device roadmap gets laid out | CrackBerry.com

Affordable, Classic, Innovative and Prestige

I just hope that they have at least one more model (up) in the Affordable category that brings some higher specs. It seems obvious that there might not be a high end all touch. The "innovative" slider might have the better specs.
    03-08-15 10:47 AM