Here we go!
    08-12-13 06:43 AM
    Moved to BBRY forum. Lets hope this is good news and not the latest string of news that BB has had!
    08-12-13 06:45 AM
    A halt is usually material. Fingers crossed!
    08-12-13 06:52 AM
    A halt is usually material. Fingers crossed!
    Oh yes, but it has been halted when the stock was in free fall before as well hah

I am hopeful for some good news as well.
    stusue, pkcable and Revampd like this.
    08-12-13 06:54 AM
    Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:03 AM
    Oh yes, but it has been halted when the stock was in free fall before as well hah

I am hopeful for some good news as well.
    Yea I just saw the news a moment ago. I searched the Internet and I wasn't able to find any more information about it. I hope everything is well.
    08-12-13 07:03 AM
    08-12-13 07:04 AM
    08-12-13 07:05 AM
    Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Big news coming any minute.

Posted via CB10
    I guess this is news
    08-12-13 07:09 AM
    Just confirmed the well leaked rumors from Friday. They officially put the company in play.

Actually, no news at all. Big or otherwise. Other than Prem Watsa left the board.
    08-12-13 07:10 AM
    Just confirmed the well leaked rumors from Friday. They officially put the company in play.

Actually, no news at all. Big or otherwise. Other than Prem Watsa left the board.
    Yes, this does appear to be the reason, though a partnership would be helpful. I just cant see who would partner with them at this point. What benefit would they have to partnering?
    boi2012, 1magine and Blacklatino like this.
    08-12-13 07:13 AM

Odd, I would think that all orgs have a committee looking into "strategic alternatives". Prem leaving can be spun 20 different ways. Maybe he could form a group, buy BB and take it private would be my guess.
    08-12-13 07:16 AM
    Big news coming any minute.

Posted via CB10
    CNBC?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:19 AM
    Did you bother to read the links already posted? The news is known.
    08-12-13 07:21 AM
    According to Globe and Mail, they are putting themselves up for sale and using JPMorgan & Chase to handle it. Trading will resume in about 10 minutes.
    08-12-13 07:22 AM
    Odd, I would think that all orgs have a committee looking into "strategic alternatives". Prem leaving can be spun 20 different ways. Maybe he could form a group, buy BB and take it private would be my guess.
    Prem is leaving because he may or may not have a conflict of interest. If the company is going up for sale, he is a very large share holder (well his company), and while they have "no immediate plans" to sell their shares, doesn't mean they wont. And it is possible Prem could want to take the company private, but that is a TON of money to invest in something that has not shown much if any return at this point.
    08-12-13 07:26 AM
    I like that they said they want to accelerate bb10 deployment through this committee and JP Morgan.

Licensing bb10 to other companies is a good move imo.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:39 AM
    CNBC and Bloomberg love taking shots at BlackBerry even after taking their advertising dollars.

I like Tom Keene & Joe Kernen except for the constant digs/smirks at an innovative company that is not expecting anything extra for advertising on their shows/channels but fair coverage.

BlackBerry has had to grin and bear it...they need to advertise to business professionals, a core customer base. BB10 will end the joking...in time.

Peugeot 505 STI Peugeot 405 Mi16 Honda s2000...Chevrolet Corvette C7
    08-12-13 07:46 AM
    Prem is leaving because he may or may not have a conflict of interest. If the company is going up for sale, he is a very large share holder (well his company), and while they have "no immediate plans" to sell their shares, doesn't mean they wont. And it is possible Prem could want to take the company private, but that is a TON of money to invest in something that has not shown much if any return at this point.
    I just asked about Prem's stepping down in another thread. Good perspective.
    08-12-13 07:55 AM
    Looks like shares are up in pre-trading...71 cents so far on the TSX..
    08-12-13 07:58 AM
    "BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has formed a Special Committee to explore strategic alternatives to enhance value and increase scale in order to accelerate BlackBerry 10 deployment. These alternatives could include, among others, possible joint ventures, strategic partnerships or alliances, a sale of the Company or other possible transactions."

This is not good news when they use works like "a of the company" in their press release. It tells the share holders the company is on the brink of bankruptcy and they have been lying to the media and their shareholders just how much money they have on hand. This will of course come out in the coming weeks just how much they lied.
    08-12-13 07:58 AM
    "BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has formed a Special Committee to explore strategic alternatives to enhance value and increase scale in order to accelerate BlackBerry 10 deployment. These alternatives could include, among others, possible joint ventures, strategic partnerships or alliances, a sale of the Company or other possible transactions."

This is not good news when they use works like "a of the company" in their press release. It tells the share holders the company is on the brink of bankruptcy and they have been lying to the media and their shareholders just how much money they have on hand. This will of course come out in the coming weeks just how much they lied.
    I am putting my bright orange Naive Cap on right now, but they couldn't dare lie about cash, could they?
    Rowan M and Blacklatino like this.
    08-12-13 08:01 AM
    I am putting my bright orange Naive Cap on right now, but they couldn't dare lie about cash, could they?
    Why couldn't they? Commodore did before they went under, and it came out after they filed for bankruptcy just how cash strapped they were as all their financials had to be made public at that point.
    08-12-13 08:04 AM
117 123 ...