Little we know about BBRY in China. Or bbry never enter Chiina? I am sure many large companies over there emphasize on security as well, a good reason for bbry to try their luck. Yes, they hv their own brands, high spec, selling very competitive, but the market is huge for bbry on business market.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:01 PM
    They are in hongkong maybe that's the only tester

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:03 PM
    BB are failing globally*, have been for years...

*Globally includes Head Office and several CEO's.

End of. Sad really...
    07-24-14 03:59 PM
    Blackberry has always been unpopular/a non-presence in East Asia, even during its prime. Japan, South Korea, and China may be Blackberry's weakest markets globally. Blackberry didn't even bother launching BB10 in Japan.

As for Blackberry's presence in Hong Kong, I believe this may be more attributable to the city being an international logistics hub rather than as a test market.
    07-24-14 04:04 PM
    And given these countries like India have massive sales potential its time to wonder is the head of marketing not being pushed out their chair.
    tvst28 likes this.
    07-24-14 04:21 PM
    China does want BlackBerry. How are they going to spy? Are you sure that they don't?

#BBFactCheck
    07-24-14 06:35 PM
    While in Beijing last month nearly everyone I saw had a phone in their hands and none appeared to be a BBRY except mine
    While on an inter city flight I did see two but they were an American and Frenchman there on business as I was. Samsung seems to be the popular phone there with ZERO BBRY ads anywhere that I could see.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:43 PM
    BB would have to bend over for the Chinese government and provide backdoors for BES/BBM. Google tried fighting them, got kicked out of having the Chinese Playstore and then got Gmail hacked by the Chinese government anyway.

As big as Google is now they could have been much bigger if they played along in the beginning.
    07-24-14 07:26 PM
    While in Beijing last month nearly everyone I saw had a phone in their hands and none appeared to be a BBRY except mine
    While on an inter city flight I did see two but they were an American and Frenchman there on business as I was. Samsung seems to be the popular phone there with ZERO BBRY ads anywhere that I could see.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to see a consistent global marketing policy (aka nada).
    07-24-14 08:58 PM