Has anyone been able to receive files via bluetooth such as pics and music and stuff? I cannot Receive anything and its is starting to aggravate me being that I send send music and pictures just fine! please help me ...at&t cant help...RIM support doesnt help...I've tried on like five different phones and we connect just fine but when they start to send the pic to me it says connection failed or transfer failed... please?!?
    06-08-07 02:27 PM
    I figured out how to do it today. Click on media on your home screen. Click on either music ringtone or picture(whichever type file you want to recieve). This brings up a menu of your directories. Highlight the one you want to recieve it to and push the menu button. That brings up a menu that has a recieve using bluetooth option. Click on it nad a file transfer window pops up saying waiting for connection.Now have the file sent to you and it will connect. You will get an accept window but if you don't want to have to accept each time it has an option not to show it again.When the file is finished a window opens that aks where you want to save it. Just click save and it goes to the place you had highlighted in the beginning. You have to set it up to recieve for every file. It works between my V551 and my pearl so it should work with any I guess. Hope this helps
    06-08-07 06:02 PM
    is it true that is the same thing as my phone it will send perfectly to tother phones but they cant send it to me.....when thety do a message come up say sending failed and it is getting on my erves plzzz help samebody plzzzzzzzz i beg u plzzzzzz
    06-08-07 08:48 PM
    Read my post above and try it out. It should work. You have to set it up to recieve before someone starts sending or it will fail.
    06-09-07 12:02 AM
    I'm a new BB Pearl user, just got it 2 days ago for my birthday, and I was having the same troubles, this was AMAZINGLY helpful. Thank a million, and I'm proud to be a new BB member.
    08-18-07 10:24 PM
    I figured out how to do it today. Click on media on your home screen. Click on either music ringtone or picture(whichever type file you want to recieve). This brings up a menu of your directories. Highlight the one you want to recieve it to and push the menu button. That brings up a menu that has a recieve using bluetooth option. Click on it nad a file transfer window pops up saying waiting for connection...
    Works for me...
    08-19-07 01:16 PM
    Has anyone been able to receive files via bluetooth such as pics and music and stuff? I cannot Receive anything and its is starting to aggravate me being that I send send music and pictures just fine! please help me ...at&t cant help...RIM support doesnt help...I've tried on like five different phones and we connect just fine but when they start to send the pic to me it says connection failed or transfer failed... please?!?
    you have to go in to your media folder and in the drop menu you have to click on the receive using bluetooth in order for you to receive any media. i hope i explained it to you so you can get stuff you want. have a nice day..
    08-22-07 09:40 PM
    I have the same problem but the problem is that i dont have enough memory....How do i delete the stupid default songs and vids so i can get more songs?
    08-23-07 05:11 PM
    you have to go in to your media folder and in the drop menu you have to click on the receive using bluetooth in order for you to receive any media. i hope i explained it to you so you can get stuff you want. have a nice day..
    You guys are all skirting around the problem I am having, but no quite providing the answer.

My 8100 is bluetooth paired with my laptop and the Blackberry Desktop Manager communicates fine with the device - wirelessly synchronises and all that jazz.

However, when I try and send a photograph to my computer, using the 'Send Using Bluetooth' option, all I get is 'Failed to Find Service 100%'.

What am I doing wrong?

Confused in Perth
    09-04-07 10:18 AM
    You guys are all skirting around the problem I am having, but no quite providing the answer.

My 8100 is bluetooth paired with my laptop and the Blackberry Desktop Manager communicates fine with the device - wirelessly synchronises and all that jazz.

However, when I try and send a photograph to my computer, using the 'Send Using Bluetooth' option, all I get is 'Failed to Find Service 100%'.

What am I doing wrong?

Confused in Perth
    I have the exact same problem sending from my pear to my imac... they are paired and see each other and all that... just wont stop saying "searching" once I select the file to send.
    09-07-07 06:42 PM
    I have the exact same problem sending from my pear to my imac... they are paired and see each other and all that... just wont stop saying "searching" once I select the file to send.
    I have solved my problem. Once the BB and the laptop were paired, I could not work out why 'Send Using Bluetooth' always failed.

But I found what I needed to do was, every time I want to transfer a file, is right click the bluetooth icon on the laptop and select 'Receive File'. Then I can receive it - and will be prompted where to save it etc.

It is still annoying that I have to do this for each and every file. Is there another way?

Also - I have a Dell D630, running Vista - so might be a bit different on the Mac.
    09-10-07 03:11 AM
    Great discovery VRaptor I was going crazy trying to figure this out. I may be late but its a new discovery for me and I thank you for the answer. May the force stay with you.
    03-03-10 12:29 AM
    My blackberry pearl cannpt recieve music using bluetooth. I am trying to send music from a blackberry curve to my blacberry pearl but, your advice did not work, it still have me the "transfer failed" :[ could someone please help me. Is there anything else to do?
    03-26-10 10:49 PM
    i meant reciev music from a blackberry curve.
    03-26-10 10:50 PM
    Thanks. It worked for me Thanks again.
    05-06-11 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD