Hey guys,

Since i got the bold 9000, i always had to use edge instead of 3g, for some reason my bbmessenger is slower in sending msg with 3g.

After that i had the 9700 and the same problem, sometimes it works well on 3g but most of the times there is the red clock and delays the msg, I dont think its the coverage i have full coverage with tmobile in my areA

what do you guys think ? do you have the same problem ?
    11-30-10 06:48 PM
    Hey guys,

Since i got the bold 9000, i always had to use edge instead of 3g, for some reason my bbmessenger is slower in sending msg with 3g.

After that i had the 9700 and the same problem, sometimes it works well on 3g but most of the times there is the red clock and delays the msg, I dont think its the coverage i have full coverage with tmobile in my areA

what do you guys think ? do you have the same problem ?
    You will not be able to get 3G on a 9000 if T-Mobile is your carrier. T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G frequency bands.

Leave the device on 2G (EDGE) only. There is no point in using 3G & 2G, since 3G will never work on that device.

Same thing on a 9700. If the device is not branded T-Mobile or Wind Mobile, you will not get 3G. Wind Mobile is a Canadian carrier that uses the same 3G frequency bands as T-Mobile. However, AT&T branded 9700s will not get 3G on T-Mobile.
    11-30-10 11:51 PM
    You will not be able to get 3G on a 9000 if T-Mobile is your carrier. T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G frequency bands.

Leave the device on 2G (EDGE) only. There is no point in using 3G & 2G, since 3G will never work on that device.

Same thing on a 9700. If the device is not branded T-Mobile or Wind Mobile, you will not get 3G. Wind Mobile is a Canadian carrier that uses the same 3G frequency bands as T-Mobile. However, AT&T branded 9700s will not get 3G on T-Mobile.
    Thanks for the reply, when i got the bold 9000 i was living in the caribbean and had Setar as my provider which i got 3g on the bold, now im living in central florida and have a 9700 on tmobile with 3g which is tmobile branded.

but yes i will use 2g, 3g does not work good with my bbmessenger

spd19
    12-01-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD