So there they were.

Saturday 21st September.

Sat ready.

All those 1.1 million people PLUS God knows how many who tried getting it but couldn't.

All those who, in the past rejected BB devices, and, in many cases, laughed and said to others who went BB10, 'oh, you don't still have a BLACKBERRY do you?'

They don't want a BB10 phone.

But they do want the BlackBerry software on their phone because they know it is better than what they have now.

Come on home, guys.

You'll find the whole BB10 experience is pretty much the same.

Better than what you have now...
    09-25-13 05:50 PM
    Hey!! Hope your message gets out to all!
    Thanks!
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    09-25-13 05:53 PM
    Hey!! Hope your message gets out to all!
    Thanks!
    Thanks! True though, isn't it....!
    09-25-13 05:57 PM
    But what about all the BB10 folks clamoring for, say, Google Maps? You know, the ones that make fun of Android phones. That must mean they desperately want Android software, so much so that a good number PIRATE it.

It must mean they know what Android has is better than what they have now... no? We'll ignore the other sideloaded apps for the purpose of this scientific research.

LOL.
    09-25-13 06:06 PM
    But what about all the BB10 folks clamoring for, say, Google Maps? You know, the ones that make fun of Android phones. That must mean they desperately want Android software, so much so that a good number PIRATE it.

It must mean they know what Android has is better than what they have now... no? We'll ignore the other sideloaded apps for the purpose of this scientific research.

LOL.
    Er, I take it you really want BBM then?

Ah, well, over here you'll have to wait for the OFFICIAL RELEASE.

That's how it works.

Sorry!
    09-25-13 06:09 PM

That's how it works.

Sorry!
    I do want BBM.

I am struggling to follow your logic. So the folks on BB10 who hunger for Gapps and the like do not necessarily want Android because they know it's better? What does waiting for the official release have to do with anything?

Just following the train of thought you put down in the original post.
    09-25-13 06:13 PM

That's how it works.

Sorry!
    BBM is just an app, something the users of other platforms get to download quite often. Not a big deal.
    09-25-13 06:13 PM
    BBM for Android and iOS is a free application (or at least it will be if they ever actually release it), so of course a lot of people will download it and try it out when it first becomes available. The bigger question is how long will it stay on people's phones? I had the leak on my Nexus 4. I didn't see a setting to disable the persistent notification, so I uninstalled it within 5 minutes. A new leak came out that actually works. I installed it and there still isn't a setting to disable that stupid notification. I uninstalled it again, and won't be using it until there is a option to kill the unnecessary notification.

For me, BBM isn't worth dealing with a BBM icon constantly in my notification panel. Especially not when I have unlimited SMS and MMS and every person I know with a smartphone already uses WhatsApp or Google Hangouts.

That's the thing, BBM already has so much competition that if it isn't perfect out of the gate, a lot of people, such as myself won't bother using it.
    09-25-13 06:15 PM
    BBM is just an app, something the users of other platforms get to download quite often. Not a big deal.
    You don't see wanting BBM as a clear sign that BB10 is winning then?
    09-25-13 06:18 PM
    OP while I appreciate your sentiment your logic makes no sense. BBM is an app, not an OS. Makes no sense. A messaging app has nothing to do with wanting a manufacturers hardware or OS, and BBM's popularity is still to be determined.
    09-25-13 06:20 PM
    I'll take it a step further and say that the people on this board want BB10 bad! After all, they are frequenting a BlackBerry fan site. There's really only two reasons to come here. Because you are a fan of BlackBerry or to troll. And of course there are no trolls here. Come on aboard everyone. BlackBerry would love to have you!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and Jerale Hoard like this.
    09-25-13 06:27 PM
    I actually think that BBM could be a successful app. While most people have moved on, some may still want to use it. Does that make BB10 successful? No.
    TGR1 and harlemsfinest27 like this.
    09-25-13 06:29 PM
    I'll take it a step further and say that the people on this board want BB10 bad! After all, they are frequenting a BlackBerry fan site. There's really only two reasons to come here. Because you are a fan of BlackBerry or to troll. And of course there are no trolls here. Come on aboard everyone. BlackBerry would love to have you!
    We're paying attention. Now we're just waiting for BBRY to deliver. Not even keep deadlines anymore. Just deliver... eventually.
    Elite1 and h20work like this.
    09-25-13 06:31 PM
    I actually think that BBM could be a successful app. While most people have moved on, some may still want to use it. Does that make BB10 successful? No.
    I agree. it would be a great app if BBRY can get it out there.
    milo53 likes this.
    09-25-13 06:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    My home football team, which will remain nameless, is pitiful. I still turn the game on TV Sundays for something to do, but I will NOT pay money to go to a game.
    09-25-13 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 isn't some unattainable holy grail. If someone wants Z10 or Q10 they will buy one. They are on this site because they are interested in blackberry, not not because they want the phone more than whatever it is they have now.
    richardat and Donvald like this.
    09-25-13 06:36 PM
    My home football team, which will remain nameless, is pitiful. I still turn the game on TV Sundays for something to do, but I will NOT pay money to go to a game.
    Some would use the "t" word on you, especially if you dared to note your favorite team can do better.
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 06:36 PM
    Some would use the "t" word on you, especially if you dared to note your favorite team can do better.
    Agree. Fans of BB10 want everyone to start using it because it's the "greatest" but if you don't hail it's virtues they want you to leave. You can't have it both ways.
    09-25-13 06:40 PM
    Yeah it would take a lot more than BBM for example Instagram Netflix Hulu Flipboard and on and on and on and on and on

And out of curiosity how many BBM cross platform threads are you planning on making?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-25-13 07:04 PM
    Frankly ... if I was an employee of BlackBerry right now, I would SERIOUSLY not be in the mood to work hard for my employer.
    milo53 likes this.
    09-25-13 07:13 PM
    Yes, Android and IPhone users need to come out of the closet and reveal their OS preference
    09-25-13 07:20 PM
    I do want BBM.

I am struggling to follow your logic. So the folks on BB10 who hunger for Gapps and the like do not necessarily want Android because they know it's better? What does waiting for the official release have to do with anything?

Just following the train of thought you put down in the original post.

Google maps, is NOT Android Software AT ALL, LOL. It's Google, Inc Software. There is the difference, BBM is BlackBerry exclusive software, for now.
    09-25-13 07:21 PM
    BBM for Android and iOS is a free application (or at least it will be if they ever actually release it), so of course a lot of people will download it and try it out when it first becomes available. The bigger question is how long will it stay on people's phones? I had the leak on my Nexus 4. I didn't see a setting to disable the persistent notification, so I uninstalled it within 5 minutes. A new leak came out that actually works. I installed it and there still isn't a setting to disable that stupid notification. I uninstalled it again, and won't be using it until there is a option to kill the unnecessary notification.

For me, BBM isn't worth dealing with a BBM icon constantly in my notification panel. Especially not when I have unlimited SMS and MMS and every person I know with a smartphone already uses WhatsApp or Google Hangouts.

That's the thing, BBM already has so much competition that if it isn't perfect out of the gate, a lot of people, such as myself won't bother using it.

You actually can disable it, assuming you use Android. If you use iOS, you could have seen that coming from miles away. Anyways, BBM is and will for now be the better messenger. To bad for you that users like me delete whatsapp and others the second BBM4ALL gets real. What else do I need, BBM has it all, and people who refuse to use it, aren't worth my time in the first place.
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-25-13 07:24 PM
    It is a free app so it will have ads, whats up has no ads so as soon as users realize that they will stick with Whatsup..
    09-25-13 07:25 PM
    You actually can disable it, assuming you use Android. If you use iOS, you could have seen that coming from miles away. Anyways, BBM is and will for now be the better messenger. To bad for you that users like me delete whatsapp and others the second BBM4ALL gets real. What else do I need, BBM has it all, and people who refuse to use it, aren't worth my time in the first place.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the status bar notification. If so, please share your knowledge and let us know how to disable it. I really look forward to hearing about it.
    09-25-13 07:26 PM
68 123