My wife and I have Curve 8900. I can only get me BBM (5.0) to connect when I'm connected to WIFI (UMA). It just moves all my peding messages thru whenever I connect.

Techy stuff...
    v4.6.1.231 (Platform 4.2.0.108)
    Cryto... Kernel v3.8.5.50a
    Branding Vers 1.0.100.71

Any help would be worth it. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY BBM!!! I got almost 25 contacts in this thing. Also I have done a thousand battery pulls... Reregistered the HRT. I dunno how to resend service books...
    12-02-09 09:15 AM
    I assume you have a Blackberry Data Plan... BBM will not work without one.

Resend your Service Books... login to my.t-mobile.com, select your phone number, hover over "Connect and Share" and then click on "Configure e-mail", then click on "Service Books" and then "Send Service Books"
    12-02-09 09:55 AM
    BBM needs a data plan.
    12-02-09 10:03 AM
    I went through this with 2 different BB's last week. One needed a new SIM card and the other just needed to be reprovisioned on the network. Try and get escalated to RIM if you can.
    12-02-09 10:39 AM
    You may have to return it. The same thing happened with me and my first 8900. Data would work on it, but I wouldn't receive ANYTHING Blackberry related until I turned on and was connected to the WiFi. I trouble shot it with technicians, and they said it was an unfixable problem, and left a note on my account to go back and get it replaced the day after.
    12-02-09 03:00 PM
    I do have the BB data plan. I also noticed yesterday that none of my data services (browser, email, apps) are not working either... Network is T-Mobile if that helps any...
    Last edited by bikesandbullies; 12-03-09 at 08:35 AM.
    12-03-09 08:33 AM
    Try this: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu key > Register Now

Then, follow my instructions above to resend your Service Books.

After the first one, you should see one email from your Provider that your device is registered... after resending your Service Books you should see an email from each of your email accounts saying it's registered... if you don't you need to contact your Cell Phone Provider.
    12-03-09 08:36 AM
    GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!! Ok got the host routing table conformation email, but I didn't get the conformation email from my service books... Excuse me I'll be on the phone with T-Mo for the next 2 hrs!!! I may just go up to my local store and let them deal with 'em. There's a chick there that's a beast. She don't take no BS.
    12-03-09 08:52 AM
    Good luck with the beast chick.
    I hope you'll have your problem solved.
    12-03-09 09:03 AM
    Sounds like they don't have a Blackberry Data Plan setup on your account.
    12-03-09 12:10 PM
    I just went through this pain with my 8900 on AT&T. With mine, it wasn't a carrier issue. I could send PIN's, E-mails, etc all day long, but I couldn't receive anything, no PIN's, no E-mails, no browsing, nothing. I ended up at 2nd level with RIM, and it was deturmined that for some reason, my berry had grabbed an invalid IP address, and was operating in a UK roaming configuration, even though I was sitting in Central Illinois. They were able to fix it, and everything is working fine now. This "might" be your issue as well.
    12-04-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD