This question may have been answered however I couldn't find it so does anyone know if the Priv will have Video chat capabilities with all BlackBerry phones? Curious since that would mean they are capable of cross video chats with Android? If not it kind of puts a dent in the Priv for me as I'm desperately trying to find a reason to buy it over my beloved Passport. I get the whole App Gap thing but I don't really have any apps that I can't use on my Passport. I have an LG tablet and pretty much all the same apps. Appreciate anyone with info on this.

And in case you're wondering, not a fan of anything Facebook related, so no I'm not using those apps.

Posted via CB10
    flyboy_vern likes this.
    11-07-15 05:54 AM
    I am guessing no.. I actually have an android tablet I use for a handful of very specific work apps.. When I switched to Ubuntu Phone I trannsferred BBL onto it.. The android version of BBM is a pale shadow od the BB10 version and doesn't support video calling.
    11-07-15 07:18 AM
    It's about time that they finally bring it, same with multi device support.
    11-07-15 07:22 AM
    I agree. They have a nice chat app that was once King of the Mountain and they still can't keep up with knockoffs.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:10 AM
    Cross video chat exist in BBM Meetings...

I have used BBM since... forever... and not s single time had the wish- or need for any video, unless in a meetings setting, - in which BBM would not be sufficient anyway.

BBM Meetings, secure metting app, with recording options, screen sharing, chat, full Cross platform, including Windows and OSX

Anyone can freely download and use BBM Meetings to join meetings, only the person organizing/initiating the call require subscription

People needs are obviously very different
    11-07-15 10:39 AM
    The Priv is supposed to have a PIN I believe like BB's. Having that built into the phone would lead me to believe that video chats would be enabled between all BB's and the Priv. I guess we'll find out soon enough..
    11-07-15 11:50 AM
    Cross video chat exist in BBM Meetings...

I have used BBM since... forever... and not s single time had the wish- or need for any video, unless in a meetings setting, - in which BBM would not be sufficient anyway.

BBM Meetings, secure metting app, with recording options, screen sharing, chat, full Cross platform, including Windows and OSX

Anyone can freely download and use BBM Meetings to join meetings, only the person organizing/initiating the call require subscription

People needs are obviously very different
    BBM Meetings is not for free....
    11-07-15 11:51 AM
    It's currently not supported on the Priv.
    11-07-15 06:55 PM
    It's currently not supported on the Priv.
    I can confirm this.
    11-07-15 08:22 PM
    So does anyone have a recommendation for a cross platform video chat app that is both private and secure?
    11-08-15 07:10 AM
    So does anyone have a recommendation for a cross platform video chat app that is both private and secure?
    Certainly not what's app.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:54 AM