Updated to latest BBM on my Q10! I am liking it. Step in right direction. Some of my friends have been confused previously about how to attach pictures. But now, as soon as you click the keyboard icon, it takes you to attach pictures/files etc menu. Importantly, it also has labeled icons now. So, that makes it even easier to remember.

I'd like to see a few more updated to attain feature-parity++ over WhatsApp:

* share 'multiple' pictures in BBM chat, BBM multiperson chat, BBM group inline from chat window and also via share-to-target.

* share multiple type of files, not just pictures. But audio, documents, videos! Any file. Directly from chat window and also from share-to menu.

* reliable and timely (instant) message delivery on iOS, android. IOS seem to have more problems than Android

* improved (faster, smoother) UI for Android and iOS. Right now, BBM is pretty heavy and loads slow on most devices except top of the line. This is probably because BBM utilizes it's own custom layout/control elements instead of native elements/controls provided by host OS. If they optimized UI using host OS's provided controls/elements, I think BBM app can made significantly faster/smoother

* message delivered/read notification for multiple recipients, not only when you are chatting with just 1 contact.

* audio conference with multiple contacts

* video chat with multiple contacts

* ability to delete, save, email any conversation history from one's own device

* faster and more fluid loading of 'feeds' (BBM Channel Feeds). Right now, when I click on feeds, it takes a while for all feeds/updates to load. Pictures take a while to load. I scroll up and down, and if pictures have NOT loaded by that time, I just change the tab or close the app.
    BBZ10wannabe likes this.
    09-05-14 08:20 AM
    One more thing..

Video chats cross-platform (not just BlackBerry to Blackberry) Some people say this is keeping people tied to BlackBerry, I say the opposite. If this feature worked flawlessly cross-platform, it's one less reason for people to not come back to BlackBerry. (i.e. who needs iMessage anymore)
    RednekHoser likes this.
    09-05-14 09:19 AM
    Totally agree on attaching multiple pictures!

Posted via CB10
    user5240 likes this.
    09-05-14 11:40 AM
    One more thing..

Video chats cross-platform (not just BlackBerry to Blackberry) Some people say this is keeping people tied to BlackBerry, I say the opposite. If this feature worked flawlessly cross-platform, it's one less reason for people to not come back to BlackBerry. (i.e. who needs iMessage anymore)
    Yeah. Cross-platform video conf!
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 07:55 PM
    +2

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    09-06-14 06:00 AM
    I miss the huge voice note button. Was right there and easy to use while driving. Now it is deeper into menu and smaller.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-09-14 06:57 AM
    Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:26 AM
    Any file can be attached using the file option in attach

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    09-09-14 07:45 AM
    Any file can be attached using the file option in attach

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    Not on ios/Android versions. Also, you can't select multiple files.

Also, can't send any file-type it in multiperson and group chats.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 09-09-14 at 11:03 AM.
    09-09-14 09:48 AM
    Yeah group chats are limited.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-09-14 01:31 PM
    Not on ios/Android versions. Also, you can't select multiple files.

Also, can't send any file-type it in multiperson and group chats.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure I was able to send all sorts of files with android. But I can't with ios. The Grey picture file is still missing. Can't even send small videos

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:42 PM