Monetizing bbm was a dumb move from the beginning as it's considered a core app. Plus, I would never ask a non bb user to pay to download bbm to talk to me over it. Plus, no one I know would pay on the cross platform users. Plus, there's still the annoying sticker promotions that are non stop so forget giving bb any more money until all push forms of ads on bbm is stopped and some good innovations come across. I want to see bbm video cross platform workexactly like FaceTime does on iOS .. I want to see something new and good come from bbm..

If bb did screw up by going crossplatform thinking it would bring people back... Hahahahahaha they just prevented more people leaving and practically zero returns. Anyone with half a brain new that was the case of the real world impact of crossplatform bbm.

Losing bis vs advancing it was their number 1 mistake... So much revenue lost... They had a real real real good opportunity to enhance with respect to roaming, if they made bis killer for current level data and roaming so bb users had a killer free roaming approach not needing wifi. They'd keep serious market appeal like they did back in 2006 to 08. Bis saved me a tonne in international data with pins, compressed data, peaking email free so I didn't need to download entire msg and incur data charges, bbm free msging etc.
    04-26-15 12:35 PM
    Apple gets 1000$ for a mid spec device. BlackBerry does not. Apple earns much more money than BlackBerry.

Have you ever thought of the more money Apple gets and earns with their devices? The ROI on an Apple device is much higher than on any other device on the market.

Posted via CB10
    They have their own custom built 64 bit processor with the best GPU on the market and 128 GB of internal storage at that price. They also have the absolute best app and media ecosystem, and the highest rated customer satisfaction ratings. The only item that isn't better than BlackBerry is the 1GB of RAM. Please stop with the low spec farce. BlackBerry is the one pumping out three year old specs now. Apple is catering to consumers, BlackBerry is not. Apple improves their devices over the past two years, BlackBerry is releasing the same device two years later with a larger, low res screen and fewer features.

The market has determined that Apple is worth the price, and BlackBerry is not. BlackBerry has not realized this yet, well maybe they did after the write down!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    MarsupilamiX and jmr1015 like this.
    04-26-15 01:01 PM
    Losing bis vs advancing it was their number 1 mistake... So much revenue lost... They had a real real real good opportunity to enhance with respect to roaming, if they made bis killer for current level data and roaming so bb users had a killer free roaming approach not needing wifi. They'd keep serious market appeal like they did back in 2006 to 08. Bis saved me a tonne in international data with pins, compressed data, peaking email free so I didn't need to download entire msg and incur data charges, bbm free msging etc.
    With my carrier I now get free international roaming, text messages, and voice at $0.20 a minute. So I have no need to pay for BIS to save money while travelling. This is the cost whether I stay with BlackBerry or move over to iPhone or Android. With iPhone and Android I would get back my wifi calling which I lost when I went to a Z30, would have much better LTE band support with my carrier, and I could still get my BBM too. Their is no place for BIS in the modern smartphone era, and I'm finding it hard to justify BlackBerry at all since they are just cheap ending offerings like BBM with ads and they told developers to develop for Android!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-26-15 01:09 PM
    Well...we do buy stickers. I think that should count towards getting rid of spam..

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and Q10Bold like this.
    04-26-15 01:13 PM
    Well...we do buy stickers. I think that should count towards getting rid of spam..

Posted via CB10
    I don't, and I don't want to know about new ones that I will never buy either! I should be able to hide the Shop or turn off notifications associated with the shop.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-26-15 01:22 PM
230 ... 8910