Hi guys,

Today during the whatsapp outage I tried to convince my friends to use bbm but I have to say it was a hard time, and they instead was looking for new alternative like Telegram.

So, that's why started this thread, in order to get a full list of pros and cons to spread the word about bbm and convince our friends more easily and maybe post some ideas and someone from crackberry make out voice be heard at blackberry to make bbm bigger and better.

I want to start saying that bbm need a new ui, the interface is not bad but we need a new look and a more agresive campaign of all the goods that it has now and new functions coming soon too.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:20 PM
    One con my friends ***** about is they say it's ugly. They want dark theme.

Also they have notification problems like they get random notifications for messages they've already read, or they won't get a notification.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:24 PM
    Just tell them to try it. If they like it, great! If not, oh well.

Most people who give it an honest try end up liking it a lot. That's been my experience.
    02-22-14 08:44 PM
    Pro's:
    -Secure and reliable (atleast for me and the ones I use it for)
    -Already known by most as a awesome communication app
    -BBM channels is amazing
    -Voice calling, social network and chat integrated in one single app (also video chatting, but for BlackBerry 10 only atm)
    -Pin usage, not phone number based

Cons:
    -Not completely cross-platform (WP not supported)
    -File sending limit
    -No landscape support for other platforms or for BlackBerry 10 in the actual app (supported in the Hub)

Only ones I could sum up now quickly for me

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:17 PM
    Biggest Pro: BlackBerry Glympse! It's amazing and so damn useful

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:41 PM
    Chaps don't like to be told what to do. Just show them you are still up but other are down would be enough. Remind me the only one function during the disasters used to be BlackBerry, 911 back in mind. It is like all cars drive on the road, no difference, the emergency or police car can really speed up if needed to. It made different, including the look might be for a good reason. (for ex. Keep file small so it would deliver faster at network constraints country, just a guess?).

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:23 AM