Beginning to see why derussett backed off...

Your original post asks why android and ios wouldn't support BBM, it's nothing to do with them it's the CARRIERS who would need to support it at network level

Why is it not on the playbook? Again, carriers, not rim

I'm in no way backing up what you say, because to be honest I haven't got a clue what point you think you're making. The only thing I can grasp is you want to say BBM is crap and are clutching at any straw you can to prove it. It might be for you, others like it, personally I'm not that bothered either way but that's what opinions and personal choice are all about
    I am not saying bbm is crap at all, I am just saying its not any better then any other im out there, again I was a BB user for 5 year before switching to android. I just cant see why all the bbm nonsense on this forum. You guys make it seem like its the only worth while im service out their, and I am trying to say its like the rest of them. The competion cought up. Bbm is on a level playing field now. So why would carriers or other platforms want it or go through the hassle of spending money to support it outside bbs, when their are free alternatives. Next time I will be more specific. I thought i was being clear and i guess i was not. And as for derussett, he rubbed me the wrong way attacking my intelligence so i had to show him i do in fact know what i am talking about. He actually does that to many on here. But its all the same here, ex bb users that come here to see whats up and have a differing view, but still want rim to servive and do well are treated as trolls.

And carriers dont have all the power, apple proved it and make carriers sell it at their terms. I guess Rim either dosnt have the same clout or intelligence to do the same. And anyways i am done. You cant argue with stup/d so not going to bother anymore. I apoligize to the op if I shifted the topic off topic like some of you believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-21-12 07:49 PM
    And what is the cost to add data on other devices?
    What difference does it make? They sell BlackBerry data plans also that don't make any mention of including BBM or email.
    Do you really think they are going to let you access their servers for nothing? You are paying for it one way or another. Whether it is included when you buy a data package or not, you are paying for it.
    08-21-12 08:30 PM
    Add-ons - Virgin Mobile Canada

Data

100MB
    Any overages in data usage will be charged at 15�/MB
    Not available on Blackberry.
    $ 10 /mo

500MB
    Any overages in data usage will be charged at 5�/MB
    $ 25 /mo

1GB
    Any overages in data usage will be charged at 5�/MB
    $ 35 /mo

BlackBerry Social
    Unlimited access to Facebook, Twitter, BBM
    $ 20 /mo

BlackBerry Messaging
    Unlimited Email & BBM
    $ 20 /mo
    08-21-12 08:46 PM
    Wait man till the new BB10 phones come out. If they are successful you wont need to put bbm on other devices. I already have 118 contacts right now.
    Yeah, but how many of those contacts are people you actually know, in person? And not work/enterprise contacts, they don't count. I mean, friends/family who also have BlackBerry and are on your contact list.
    11-12-12 12:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD