I use BBM to chat back and forth thru out the day with my gf. About a week ago both of our phones started acting funny and BBMs no longer go thru reliably. Most of the time it appears as though we are both on the phone (when we're not), or that the others phone is idle. It used to work flawlessly for a long time, but now they don't work most of the time.
    Any reason for this? Any way to fix it?
    I've called AT&T about it but on their end everything seems okay.
    I've done hard and soft resets as has she. Otherwise the phone works okay, other than dropping the network (I am in the middle of LA with a lot of towers and good service normally) for no apparent reason, and then picking it back up....
    What give?
    11-04-08 09:03 PM
    AT&T is your problem, lol jk. Have you gone to advanced options, host routing table, register now? also try resending your services books see that works.
    11-04-08 10:26 PM
    okay I did the Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> Register Now, but what is that??? Resending or Resetting my Service Books?
    I have had 4 BB Curves over the past year and a half, all of them warrantied from the first original 8300. Do they last more than a year or so normally?
    11-05-08 12:08 PM
    Yeah, basically register now, and resending the service books kind of tells the servers, your having a problem, and they try to push out all of you services to your phone that might be acting up. Did that work, or no?

Regarding your question about lasting a year or more, yeah I would think a curve should easily make it though 2 or more years as long as it's not thrown against walls. Can I ask why were all of these curves replaced?
    11-05-08 12:19 PM
    Okay great, Thank You! How do you Resend The Service Books?
    Mostly the previous 3 acted up out of the box. Periodically, everything would reset back to default settings and all histories, calendars, logs, etc would be lost. Kind of frustrating. I use it normally and treat it well, nothing harsh...
    11-05-08 12:30 PM
    Log into your carriers bis website or go to the email setup app on the bb, then you should see services, then resend service books...

Umm may I ask do you manage the memory on your phone(s)? it seems like the issues you had with your last three were not issues at all just that your phone was running low on memory... You should check this outhow to increase file free
    11-05-08 12:44 PM
    they were new, nothing really on them except for jivetalk and google maps.... all pics were on the 2gb chip. I don't think it was that. Plus, this newest phone has been fine, though it is the 8310 vs the previous ones were 8300...? It was basic stuff, call logs, calendars, emails and texts- all would disappear after the phone would crash. None of those issues plague me anymore...
    I would love to get this BBM thing figured out....
    I appreciate your help!
    11-05-08 01:22 PM
    Regarding your question about lasting a year or more, yeah I would think a curve should easily make it though 2 or more years as long as it's not thrown against walls.
    hmm, I'm on my third in 6 months. For some reason all the buttons stop working.
    11-05-08 01:24 PM
    hmm, I'm on my third in 6 months. For some reason all the buttons stop working.
    on all 3?! that sucks
    11-05-08 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD