This thought just came to me. I was walking to my office and was wondering where a coworker was (he was getting me lunch from a shop two blocks away).

And I thought about Glympse. But what if I could request to Glympse at someone's location? For example: I would send a Glympse request for a period of time, say 5 minutes, to my buddy, and all he had to do was hit Accept. Instead of me having to type out asking him and him having to open and set the Glympse and send it ..all while handling my burger fries and drink lol.

First, obvious question: is that possible right now (to request a Glympse from someone)? Second, do you think it's a good idea? And third...am I spelling Glympse correct? lol

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:14 PM
    Not a bad idea at all, I think.
    01-10-14 01:16 PM
    That would be a great idea! Gympse and BBM better get on that!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:53 PM
    Nice idea indeed
    01-10-14 01:56 PM
    Great idea
    01-10-14 02:11 PM
    I think this is a great idea.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:15 PM
    Folks aren't answering your first qsn, if it's possible or not. I don't have BBM 2.0, but based off the vids I see. It doesn't seem far fetched. Anyone who has the beta would clarify for us tho...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:21 PM
    Can somebody explain to me why do we want Glympse?
    01-10-14 02:45 PM
    Nice idea. Makes sense. I'll put it up on the beta zone feature requests.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-10-14 02:47 PM
    Why does it matter? Its another app some people use. Just because you wouldn't use it, doesn't mean we shouldn't have it. Like WhatsApp, I don't use it but other do, so its good to have any app

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by habs_fan; 01-10-14 at 03:11 PM.
    imadorkx, Mecca EL and johnnyuk like this.
    01-10-14 02:47 PM
    You didn't want bb10 at all, so I don't know how you would want anything slightly related to it

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    01-10-14 02:50 PM
    I commute on a scooter. My wife, understandably worries if I'm later than usual, and I can't really answer the phone or reply to bbm when riding. I could set Glympse going when I leave work- boom, problem solved.

One easy use-case right there.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:54 PM
    Good idea! Hope BB adds maps for my country so it will work.
    01-10-14 02:56 PM
    That means we can't lie anymore?

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 02:58 PM
    Currently using the Glympse app from Android, which allows you to request a Glympse from another user. Glympse is valuable when meeting up with friends, or letting others know ETA and progress of travels. It's cool... and keeps me from texting and driving.

-via CB10 on STA100-3 10.2.1.1925
    cjcampbell and 00stryder like this.
    01-10-14 03:01 PM
    does anyone here know when is the launch date for the new bbm? quite frankly i am sick of waiting! kmt (i am jamaican and that means kiss mi teeth) like all i see is flipping videos of these awesome new features and i dont even hear them talking about it on the bb10 platform although i know it will get it but i see them focusing on releasing it on the android platform more. WTH!!!? and btw it is 2014 is it not?!! where is the official OS 10.2!?? all this waiting is making me nauseous!
    01-10-14 03:12 PM
    does anyone here know when is the launch date for the new bbm? quite frankly i am sick of waiting! kmt (i am jamaican and that means kiss mi teeth) like all i see is flipping videos of these awesome new features and i dont even hear them talking about it on the bb10 platform although i know it will get it but i see them focusing on releasing it on the android platform more. WTH!!!? and btw it is 2014 is it not?!! where is the official OS 10.2!?? all this waiting is making me nauseous!
    Official 10.2 is already out.

Also the new BBM was just announced to be in beta a couple of weeks ago.

So I think you are a bit too anxious!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 03:15 PM
    It's on the BBM version I'm beta testing now. It works very well. My wife says I walk slowly though...
    01-10-14 03:17 PM
    Official 10.2 is already out.

Also the new BBM was just announced to be in beta a couple of weeks ago.

So I think you are a bit too anxious!

Posted via CB10
    I have 10.2 but its a leak. R u saying the official OS is already out? cuz when i check for software updates with link it says no updates are available. is there something i am doing wrong? btw i see tons of videos saying the new bbm is coming soon soon and very soon....are u saying that the soon is relative in this case? I am new to this crackberry thing so since you r a master, enlighten me.
    01-10-14 03:19 PM
    I have 10.2 but its a leak. R u saying the official OS is already out? cuz when i check for software updates with link it says no updates are available. is there something i am doing wrong? btw i see tons of videos saying the new bbm is coming soon soon and very soon....are u saying that the soon is relative in this case? I am new to this crackberry thing so since you r a master, enlighten me.
    I think you said you are in Jamaica, maybe the official 10.2 is not out with your carrier. With all OS updates (except for Apple), it has to be approved by the carrier.

If your leaked version is lower than an official version, you can always unlock your phone and get a SIM card of a carrier that already has 10.2 (canadian carriers are typically fast with updates). Not sure what version of the phone you have, here in Canada we have Z10STL100-3

Also for BBM, they just announced the beta a few weeks ago. If it goes well, release should be soon. I think BlackBerry learned not to commit on dates from previous bad experiences

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 03:27 PM
    You didn't want bb10 at all, so I don't know how you would want anything slightly related to it

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    I meant why do we want Glympse, tracking apps have been around forever, I used one in 2009 on my 8320 on a motorcycle trip across Europe. What's special about Glympse?
    01-10-14 03:36 PM
    Here's a use case scenario.... Last summer, I had a few friends up to my cottage that's near Huntsville, ON. One friend was late to get off work and was driving after dark and had never been there. Now, my cottage isn't exactly an easy to find location and even looking for the right exit off the highway can be a challenge as there are many Stevenson Rd's on that stretch. Now, due to poor signage, a lack of familiarity with the area, and not having an actual address that any GPS unit would recognize, he had to pull over and describe everything he'd seen, what he thought he'd seen, and I had to somehow decipher that and make sure he was still on track. Had I had glimpse, all he would have had to do was ask me to send my location and all aggravations, and troubles would have been avoided. This is simply one scenario and was the first one I thought of that it would have REALLY come in handy. I can think of many more that would just be convenient and handy.
    01-10-14 03:38 PM
    Here's a use case scenario.... Last summer, I had a few friends up to my cottage that's near Huntsville, ON. One friend was late to get off work and was driving after dark and had never been there. Now, my cottage isn't exactly an easy to find location and even looking for the right exit off the highway can be a challenge as there are many Stevenson Rd's on that stretch. Now, due to poor signage, a lack of familiarity with the area, and not having an actual address that any GPS unit would recognize, he had to pull over and describe everything he'd seen, what he thought he'd seen, and I had to somehow decipher that and make sure he was still on track. Had I had glimpse, all he would have had to do was ask me to send my location and all aggravations, and troubles would have been avoided. This is simply one scenario and was the first one I thought of that it would have REALLY come in handy. I can think of many more that would just be convenient and handy.
    Doesn't BBM not already do this? My question was what's special about Glympse itself, read above, I have used similar apps on BBOS, on the 9900 were actually BBM connected and full of features.
    01-10-14 03:49 PM
    I think you said you are in Jamaica, maybe the official 10.2 is not out with your carrier. With all OS updates (except for Apple), it has to be approved by the carrier.

If your leaked version is lower than an official version, you can always unlock your phone and get a SIM card of a carrier that already has 10.2 (canadian carriers are typically fast with updates). Not sure what version of the phone you have, here in Canada we have Z10STL100-3

Also for BBM, they just announced the beta a few weeks ago. If it goes well, release should be soon. I think BlackBerry learned not to commit on dates from previous bad experiences

Posted via CB10
    ok understood. i am using stl 3 as well. fone is also unlocked.....i agree re blackberry and the commitment to dates.....it is probably best for them lol.
    01-10-14 03:49 PM
    This thought just came to me. I was walking to my office and was wondering where a coworker was (he was getting me lunch from a shop two blocks away).

And I thought about Glympse. But what if I could request to Glympse at someone's location? For example: I would send a Glympse request for a period of time, say 5 minutes, to my buddy, and all he had to do was hit Accept. Instead of me having to type out asking him and him having to open and set the Glympse and send it ..all while handling my burger fries and drink lol.

First, obvious question: is that possible right now (to request a Glympse from someone)? Second, do you think it's a good idea? And third...am I spelling Glympse correct? lol

Posted via CB10
    That's a great idea and exactly what I thought when I first saw the function in the new BBM beta. I also think that request Gympse would be used more often then send Glympse.
    A nice feature would also be if the receiver of the Glympse request could modify the time before accepting.
    01-10-14 03:52 PM
132 123 ...