Does anyone know why I have all the sound on but yet still no sound with a new message???? I'm starting to regret getting a Blackberry.
    08-31-09 11:00 AM
    Did you go into your profile and make sure that there is a sound set to lvl one mssgs? Some of the stock profiles only vibrate when you get certain mssgs.
    I hope you don't regret your BB, really great phones once you learn your way around them.

Welcome to CB.
    08-31-09 11:02 AM
    Did you set the ringtones for these apps?
    08-31-09 11:02 AM
    Profiles > Advanced. Edit the profile you use and go to the IM client make sure its set to 'tone'.
    08-31-09 11:03 AM
    Make sure your actrive profile is set to something other than Vibrate, Silent, Off of Phone Only. Check out this 101 for more help: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    08-31-09 11:04 AM
    I am not sure why it's doing this. I have everything set to tone and a ringtone set. Its only when my phone is on Ringer (Normal). When my phone is on vibrate at work, I get all the messages.
    08-31-09 11:06 AM
    Yes, on the normal ringer you still have to set a tone for IM client. It is not automatically set by default. All the instructions are above for how to do this, its quite simple once you figure it out the first time, Believe me I was there once..while its frustrating to have to set a tone for every little thing that happens on the phone, you have to realize how many little things need tones and they don't by default set a tone to every one of them. Follow the instructions Bajan left a couple posts up, or better yet use the lecture series link provided by Adam and you will see what we mean.

P.S. I have like 10 of those N.K.O.T.B pins from back in the day
    08-31-09 11:10 AM
    is the volume for that particular event set to mute? or is it set to low (or other volume level). By default I think it is set to mute.
    08-31-09 12:28 PM
    I finally have sound..Thank you EVERYONE!!
    09-01-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD