I have 3 kids, and the older one has a 9900, because he commutes to high school and I need to know he's alright. The other two little ones have been pestering me for a phone, but I can't justify the cost considering it would be a toy for them to play games and chit chat with their friends. I may be alone in this but if BlackBerry would make a BBM Device which could download game apps and have the added features of BBM only for a small monthly fee, say 10 buck a month, I could see this being well received with kids parents and emerging markets. I guess it would be considered a BBM pod, running through their server with a fierce communication ability that BBM could provide. Split the monthly fee with the carriers and everyone is happy.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 09:48 AM
    Where are you located? In Canada there are prepaid plans for text messaging only for $10 or 100mb of data for $10 which you can use with bbm.

Buy a cheap android phone (for the games) for $70, install BBM (when it arrives) and you're set.
    10-17-13 09:57 AM
    Creating a WiFi device to compete with the iPod will fail. Samsung now knows that Apple has that market locked up.

Besides, it couldn't compete with an iPod Touch anyway. There aren't any games. Plus you could just download BBM on the iPod anyway. Because of BBM going cross platform, a BBM wifi device would be a complete waste.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    10-17-13 11:20 AM
    Interesting idea!
    10-17-13 11:24 AM
    I meant a device that works over cell network and wifi, but for BBM only, no calls unless it through BBM to bmm, the data burden would be on BlackBerry service which could be compressed..maybe.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:39 AM
    I meant a device that works over cell network and wifi, but for BBM only, no calls unless it through BBM to bmm, the data burden would be on BlackBerry service which could be compressed..maybe.
    Posted via CB10
    You could put an iPad/tablet proviosioned SIM card into an iPhone/android device,
    Cheaper rates too!
    This will allow a data connection without the ability to make and recieve phone calls.
    Can't help you with the NOC compression, BB10 doesn't even utilize it.

Where are you located? In Canada there are prepaid plans for text messaging only for $10 or 100mb of data for $10 which you can use with bbm.

Buy a cheap android phone (for the games) for $70, install BBM (when it arrives) and you're set.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-13 11:53 AM
    If you haven't seen this already... check it out.

Mr. Steve Jobs unveils the long awaited iPhone at the MacWorld conference in January 07.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/keynote/#mn_p
    10-17-13 12:16 PM
    You could put an iPad/tablet proviosioned SIM card into an iPhone/android device,
    Cheaper rates too!
    This will allow a data connection without the ability to make and recieve phone calls.
    Can't help you with the NOC compression, BB10 doesn't even utilize it.

Good luck.

Good luck with what!
    10-17-13 12:17 PM
    Theoretically you could build a BBOS based device and activate it on a BBM only BIS plan with a carrier. Only thing is, the old OS doesn't have much of a selection of games to chose from.
    10-17-13 12:23 PM
    Good luck with what!
    It was meant for the op.
    Your suggestion was quite apt.

10-17-13 12:36 PM