I think the issue that the OP and other posters here have is that BBM Channels does not give you the option to choose a higher quality, even though the option is there in BBM chat. In addition to that, even with the option in regular BBM chat, I think the concensus is that by default people want high-quality pics and would like the option to choose a lower quality version if needed.

Posted via CB10
    True but isnt channels still in the beta testing phase meaning wed need to sign up to be able to access it?
    This functionality could possibly be in the pipeline at some point in the future and would be better served by contacting BlackBerry directly for amy updates and clarification.

Jesse its time to cook.....
    00stryder likes this.
    11-09-13 06:30 PM
    Absolutely, but I think the concern was regarding how things currently are. But, with the BlackBerry Beta Zone now available as an app download, it should be easier for users to communicate issues directly to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:06 PM
    I use a bbm channel to get wallpapers. It's the comics one.

The resolution varies from God awful to great. I don't know what it means but I hate wallpapers that are not crisp so the ones I use are good.

You can tell just by looking at the post actually.

Posted via iPhone...Joking...Z10
    11-09-13 07:15 PM
    BBM Channels same Photo Resolution crap-1384046249588_117971.jpeg

Is this good or bad?

Edit: this pic has lower resolution than the original from channels. Sorry didn't know cb downgraded pics for posting.

Posted via iPhone...Joking...Z10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-09-13 07:19 PM
    They sure do, lol. But it still looks good on CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:47 PM
    I would like the option to have HQ pictures as well, but only as an option as this would slow down browsing.
    I use miracast quite a bit & I do notice the lower quality when looking at them on the monitor.
    That being said, I usually look at them on my phone & on that sized screen it looks good to me.
    11-09-13 08:03 PM
    Follow for Urban Legends C001338CC

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:26 PM
    Its funny i never hear these complaints about facebook or twitter when people take pictures with their 8,13 41mp camera phones and they're downgraded to fit on the Facebook servers lol.

Point every major photo sharing application and social network does it. At least BlackBerry guves you the option of choosing a higher quality.

Sometimes i think people want to complain because its BlackBerry.

Jesse its time to cook.....
    might help to read the thread, there is no option so im not sure what you're talking about and Facebook has an HD option when you upload photos to an album
    11-10-13 09:42 AM
    Considering the only way to get Channels is to join the beta program, why isn't the OP voicing his concerns via the beta program feedback? Joining a beta program is a 2 way street and you are supposed to contribute some value to the program instead of just using it to grab an app ahead of the queue.
    11-10-13 09:55 AM
    Considering the only way to get Channels is to join the beta program, why isn't the OP voicing his concerns via the beta program feedback? Joining a beta program is a 2 way street and you are supposed to contribute some value to the program instead of just using it to grab an app ahead of the queue.
    I did that already...Putting it out here opens it for debate and increases the chance that someone from BlackBerry might notice it.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:46 AM
35 12