I'm on the phone with Sprint ( for the past hour). Everything is working fine except BBM. I have no way to back out!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    When I first loaded the update (developer procedure in another thread), I got the same screen. BBM in the app was sluggish. So I closed BB App World (making sure I was out of developer mode), reset Settings so Developer mode was off, then turned the phone completely off, waited a minute, then turned it on again. Launched Battery Guru (always do this), waited, launched BBM app. BBM would still not work in the Hub so I used the app for individual conversations. After a while (and back on WiFi -- don't know if this is relevant) BBM in the Hub came back and now acts normally. Try the reboot and battery pull. When pulling the battery, hold power button for 30 seconds and continue to leave the battery out for a full minute. Re-insert battery and let it start up, slowly if necessary. Let it settle. Btw, I'm on 10.2.0.429 on Q10 and Z10. Only the Q10 that I used developer mode with had this issue. For the Z10, I got the update as it was pushed and there were no issues. Same OS over WiFi (no SIM in the Z10).
    11-26-13 10:33 PM
    Sorry guys, I ran into this issue (once only thank goodness) you have to either install a newer version of BBM or install a Leak OS, at least that was the only way that worked for me and a colleague.

- Developer of PinGuin
    11-26-13 11:12 PM
    When I first loaded the update (developer procedure in another thread), I got the same screen. BBM in the app was sluggish. So I closed BB App World (making sure I was out of developer mode), reset Settings so Developer mode was off, then turned the phone completely off, waited a minute, then turned it on again. Launched Battery Guru (always do this), waited, launched BBM app. BBM would still not work in the Hub so I used the app for individual conversations. After a while (and back on WiFi -- don't know if this is relevant) BBM in the Hub came back and now acts normally. Try the reboot and battery pull. When pulling the battery, hold power button for 30 seconds and continue to leave the battery out for a full minute. Re-insert battery and let it start up, slowly if necessary. Let it settle. Btw, I'm on 10.2.0.429 on Q10 and Z10. Only the Q10 that I used developer mode with had this issue. For the Z10, I got the update as it was pushed and there were no issues. Same OS over WiFi (no SIM in the Z10).
    Nada. I even turned developer mode on then off. BBMS are showing in my hub right up to 4:55pm (when I let BlackBerry World update my BBM. I did a battery pull but don't want to take a leak. Anyone have a bar file that goes with Q10SQN100-4/10.1.0.4828?

11-26-13 11:45 PM
    Nada. I even turned developer mode on then off. BBMS are showing in my hub right up to 4:55pm (when I let BlackBerry World update my BBM. I did a battery pull but don't want to take a leak. Anyone have a bar file that goes with Q10SQN100-4/10.1.0.4828?

Bump

11-27-13 07:57 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I just turned off wifi and it connected.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:06 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I just turned off wifi and it connected.

Posted via CB10
    Just rebooted, turned wifi off, and tried (again). Still can't connect.
    11-27-13 08:11 AM
    I had the beta version and got the same error. I did a restart and it worked. Not sure why you're having issues.

Likely not related but I'm running the official 10.2 on Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:11 AM
    Can someone point me to a bar file of the previous version (from Q10SQN100-4/10.1.0.4828)? I have the Google Chrome extension and I could try to swap out the BBM bar.
    11-27-13 08:13 AM
    Can someone point me to a bar file of the previous version (from Q10SQN100-4/10.1.0.4828)? I have the Google Chrome extension and I could try to swap out the BBM bar.
    Now this is weird. I just made a BBM wifi call and it worked. But when I hit the BBM icon on the call screen, it still gives me the BBM can't coonect to the server message with the Exit button.
    11-27-13 08:43 AM
    I did a backup, restore to factory settings, and data restore. I'm on the original BBM with it working. Given the 2 hours to do this, I'm reluctant to update my BBM since it,s working.

11-27-13 01:06 PM
    Give it a try it's only time if it fails to work

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 03:31 PM
36 12