BBM did not even get a mention. BB needs to get innovative and become a leader again. They cannot even lead where they claim they are going - software

Best apps for making free international calls
    03-04-17 09:47 AM
    I think one of the issues is that BBM doesn't have the install base that the other apps have. By the time BlackBerry made the decision to take BBM cross platform it was well too late. People were not going to download yet another communication app when they and their family/friends/colleagues have been using WhatsApp, Skype etc for years.
    03-04-17 09:59 AM
    BBM is licenced by Emtek now. It will up to them to market.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-04-17 10:18 AM
    BBM did not even get a mention. BB needs to get innovative and become a leader again. They cannot even lead where they claim they are going - software

Best apps for making free international calls
    BBM Voice/Video requires a strong internet connection i.e. DSL/ F.Optic Wifi or 4G running good download speeds.

Its hopeless on normal 3G, Or Adsl Wifi setup.... Calls just dont last and the audio/video is very low bit rate making for a terrible experience.
    03-05-17 11:30 PM
    Video worked fine in Indonesia on 3G even 2-3 years ago. Voice always does.
    But it is true that lately, bbm doesn't seem to work as well as it used to.
    It always works with great voice quality bb10 to iPhone and bb10 to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 11:44 PM
    BBM is a lost cause. It missed the boat with shotty performance and spam.

Where is the end-2-end encryption on the consumer BBM?
    03-06-17 05:26 AM
    Hai..

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 11:30 AM
    Bro.., saya ingin bertanya, bagaimana cara mendapatkan app G+ umtuk BlackBerry z10 saya. Karena di BlackBerry World ternyata app tesebut tidak ada.

Bagi mengetahui plisss kasih tahu saya.

Thanks
    Hatur Nuhun.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 11:33 AM
    Emtek is now responsible for consumer BBM development, they have taken over consumer BBM from BlackBerry. I don't think they have any plans for end-2-end encryption.
    03-06-17 11:37 AM
    Emtek is now responsible for consumer BBM development, they have taken over consumer BBM from BlackBerry. I don't think they have any plans for end-2-end encryption.
    Consumers can still choose to stick with BlackBerry and use BBM Enterprise for end to end encryption.
    03-06-17 11:51 AM
    Consumers can still choose to stick with BlackBerry and use BBM Enterprise for end to end encryption.
    Correct, I was just commenting on Consumer BBM. I think the only involvement BlackBerry has on this is collecting royalties.
    03-06-17 05:57 PM
    I am still very active in 4 BBM groups and have 40 or so contacts I still communicate with on a regular basis.

I personally like BBM much better then Facebook Messenger and being able to have groups to create a nice social circle of friends.

I hate iMessage because it's limited to just the iPhone. Now that BBM is cross platform and Blackberry and going the software route, they need to really promote it as an excellent communication tool. Just my two cents.
    03-06-17 06:05 PM
    BBM isn't fully cross platform, it only is cross platform between iOS and Android.
    03-07-17 09:17 AM
    BBM isn't fully cross platform, it only is cross platform between iOS and Android.
    Well, it is to the same extent that WhatsApp (after June), Signal, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat messenger, and Telegram are cross-platform.
    03-07-17 10:18 AM
    Well, it is to the same extent that WhatsApp (after June), Signal, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat messenger, and Telegram are cross-platform.
    Some of those apps also support Windows PC (through desktop or a Store app), Windows Phone and Tizen so BBM is certainly lagging in comparison with their cross platform support.
    03-07-17 11:40 AM
    I think they have to change the name, because lets face it (and don't shoot the messenger willing to open up here) the name "Blackberry Messenger" might not equate with coolness for many of the youth using Whatsapp, KIK, LINE, SnapChat (as a messenger), etc.

I think BBM is, and COULD be great again if they come up with a new marketing angle BUT the name might have to go to appeal to the new mass market.

Just like many of the new Photo Apps now that have some Social aspect to them, for example in Prisma, you can upload a pic, people can LIKE it, comment it, or you can have it #FreeToEdit , etc. and add new friends. There is what made BBM great but there can be a few changes made to always incorporate more....Yes BBM has the social aspect, but I am saying they can make it more PHOTO Oriented perhaps.......Instagram, Prisma, Picas, etc all try to have more attributes now.

Jus' sayin'

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-07-17 at 06:08 PM.
    03-07-17 05:58 PM
    If BBM changed the name it would be just another messaging app....one of the many, many already out there. The world needs another messaging app about as much as it needs a new social network.

Now if they offered a way to revert to sms for non BBM contacts that would at least be something. Right now, I can't convince anyone to switch to BBM as they lack a compelling reason to do so over competitors.
    Last edited by fschmeck; 03-08-17 at 03:01 AM.
    03-07-17 07:49 PM
    A turd by any other name would smell as bad. Papering over the name doesn't magically fix things, if it did changing the company from Research in Motion to BlackBerry might have done some good. Even if they give it a great name (I recommend "snek" ) it'd still be the same old messenger that's dead outside of Indonesia.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-07-17 08:04 PM
    First most of you I assume know that BlackBerry has no connection anymore with the development and marketing of consumer BBM. Emtek is now running the show for consumer BBM. They are not changing the name, the reason they signed the agreement was to us the BBM name.
    03-07-17 11:23 PM
    What about Bb10 and bbm protected on bb10? Who owns that?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 11:31 PM
    What about Bb10 and bbm protected on bb10? Who owns that?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry stills manages all BBM on BB10, and BBM Enterprise on other platforms.

But even consumer BBM (Emtek) messages travel through BlackBerry servers.
    03-07-17 11:36 PM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 11:42 PM
    If BBM changed the name it would be just another messaging app....one of the many, many already out there. The world needs another messaging app about as much as it needs a new social network.
    Yes BUT THOSE are the SUCCESSFUL and popular Messengers

And yes, the public has an insatiable appetite for more social networks and messengers, just check on the latest SnapChat news from the last week if you are still in denial.

They need a name change and they need it NOW. Yes it can still be owned/affilaiated by Blackberry but young people equate the name "Blackberry" with old men in suits, BORING!

03-08-17 12:08 AM
    A turd by any other name would smell as bad. Papering over the name doesn't magically fix things, if it did changing the company from Research in Motion to BlackBerry might have done some good. Even if they give it a great name (I recommend "snek" ) it'd still be the same old messenger that's dead outside of Indonesia.
    And thats why I suggested they also add Photo Editing and other social aspects to it like all the other new apps are doing now, and those are successful right out of the box.

03-08-17 12:10 AM
    And thats why I suggested they also add Photo Editing and other social aspects to it like all the other new apps are doing now, and those are successful right out of the box.

It's still the usual too little too late when it comes to BB. The most glaring hole is totally screwing up going cross platform, but that and all the other stuff they missed out on (desktops, E2E, etc.) mean the ship of utility has sailed.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and deiop like this.
    03-08-17 12:15 AM
45 12