See... the problem is, that didn't work for me. At all. So.... BBID will probably be even less complicated.
    There's other ways you can back up bbm contacts, I prefer email, from within the bbm app I backup to an email address, then first restore the email address to a new device and finally restore bbm contacts. All my contacts don't even notice I have a new pin. It's seamless. I assume with BBID it will be the same, doesn't have to replace Pins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 04:00 PM
    That depends on your definition of "dumb", I'd say that few dumb phones can do social networking at all. But there us a class of semi-smart phones or "texting phones" that come preloaded with a few "apps" that are hard coded, but function well. You can't upgrade these phones but if you are ok with what they have they do what they advertise. I'd put the Razor in this category.

CS
    Dumb phone is considered a phone that is incapable of installing apps.

07-28-11 04:02 PM
    There's other ways you can back up bbm contacts, I prefer email, from within the bbm app I backup to an email address, then first restore the email address to a new device and finally restore bbm contacts. All my contacts don't even notice I have a new pin. It's seamless. I assume with BBID it will be the same, doesn't have to replace Pins.

This also didn't work. I tried both and had to re-add my contacts.
    07-28-11 04:08 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD